DWL-G650 stops working after a few seconds

I have a DWL-G650 (802.11g PCMCIA card) running on a Windows XP HOME SP2 laptop. It was working fine with my 802.11b WEB secured network, but when I upgraded to 802.11g with WPA it has started malfunctioning. My Access Point is a Motorola wr850g running DD_WRT v23 SP1. Security is WPA-PSK using AES encryption. When I first connect to the access point everything works fine. I can browse the internet, LAN and see the AP's config page. However, after about 6-10 seconds I no longer get anything. The windows WZC still shows connected, but I can't connect to any other device, even by IP address. I can't even ping the AP. It is weird that it shows as connected yet nothing works. Any thoughts? I have downloaded the latest driver from the dlink site, but no change in functionality. Thanks Bryant Smith

BTW, My WINXPHOME desktop with a xterasys PCI card as well as my other wr850g running in bridge mode both work flawlessly with this settup. It is just the D-Stink card that is having issues.

Reply to
Bryant Smith
Loading thread data ...

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 13:58:50 -0700, Bryant Smith wrote in :

My guess is that WPA is broken on the DWL-G650, or that the implementation is incompatible with the WR850g. Try a different card or router.

Reply to
John Navas

: My guess is that WPA is broken on the DWL-G650, or that the : implementation is incompatible with the WR850g. Try a different card or : router.

Or try a different client. Buffalo's Client Manager2 worked well with my DWL-650+ card, using WPA-PSK/TKIP encryption when connected to a D-Link DWL-G700AP.

Get it online from Buffalo's support site.

Reply to
Axel Hammerschmidt

I switched from WPA-PSK encryption from AES to TKIP on both the AP and the DWL-G650 and it now works. It must have an issue with AES. My other wireless adapter worked well with either one so I guess I'll stick with TKIP.

Reply to
Bryant Smith

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 19:52:51 -0700, Bryant Smith wrote in :

Not surprising -- lots of buggy firmware out there.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.