Dell built in wireless very slow in XP

i have a D810 as well that i am using right now and you should be able to use the Dell Wireless 1350 WLAN driver. The card is actually a 1370 though but the 1350 driver should work and you can get that right off the dell site. Let me know if you still have a problem after that.

Adam

Reply to
adc72378
Loading thread data ...

Check any/all firewall settings.

Check device manager for your wireless adapter under "network adapters". It should tell you specifically which wireless adapter is installed.

hth

Stew

Reply to
S.Lewis

I have a Dell Latitude 810 with built in wireless. (Not sure what internal wireless board it has--how can you tell?) Previously in XP SP2 the wireless connectivity worked great.

I recently had to reinstall Windows XP. After I got XP up and running I immediately installed the Dell)Wireless (US) WLAN Network Adapter Card driver. I was able to connect to my network (using WPA even) and it worked great with normal speed.

However after I installed XP SP2 the connectivity has been extremely slow. I can still connect the AP but everything is s..l...o...w..... including DNS lookups, web pages, you name it. I've tried other Dell wireless drivers but no dice. I've tried turning the Windows built in zero setup wireless service on and off and on again. It didn't appear to help at all. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Greg Johnson

After I ran into problems, I downloaded the other drivers (made for US residence) but no dice. In the Device Manager, Windows says I have a Dell Wireless 1450 Dual Band WLAN Mini-PCI Card as my built-in card. I'm not sure if this is right or not..... Hmmmm....

Reply to
Greg Johnson

Is this a Dell COpy of XP that came with your machine? coz if it is I would have thought it would have had the SP" upgrade already slipped streamed into it ?

Reply to
Fixer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.