D-Link DWL-G122 Wireless USB Adapter Problems

John Navas hath wroth:

Hmmm.... I guess the difference is that clients pay me after I do the work. Victims pay me in advance. I have mostly clients and only a few victims. I greatly prefer victims to reinforce my cash flow, but the supply seems to be limited.

That's also true for editing the registry. So far, my clients, victims, and I have been either very lucky or very good. I prefer to believe it's mostly the latter.

Nice, well done, and substantial improvment over my method. However, I learned to backup the registry from the daze of Windoze 95, where my method was the only one available. See:

I found that it worked well thru Windoze ME and never found much reason for improvements, especially when I tried them and found the problems that I previously mentioned.

Repairing an unbootable Windoze 98SE machine usually does not involve directly modifying the registry, even though the exercise will probably make changes. The point is to backup the registry in case my remedial actions result in furthur damage. If scanregw can't run, then I would be working without a registry backup, which is generally considered to be a bad idea.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann
Loading thread data ...

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:53:24 -0800, Jeff Liebermann wrote in :

Category 3: lurkers here. Clients? I was presuming victims. ;)

Indeed, which is why I almost always provide pre-made REGEDIT files.

Fair enough -- you must be leaving the not very good ones to me. I'm lucky if I can get them to remember where they filed their passwords. LOL

If/when the system won't start, I image the whole thing before messing with it, so any damage can be easily undone. Save my ass more than once. Lots of things can go wrong that your copy backups won't protect against.

Reply to
John Navas

Hi

I did in my first post but here it is again. The router is a D-Link Di 624. I think the best recourse at the moment is to return both & for them to use the one XP computer. All this terminology is way over my head & way to confusing. Thanks for all your help.

Diane

Reply to
Diane LeMasson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.