Buffalo Stampede! (WHR-G54S can't detect ISP)

OK, I've gone through the luser's manuel, surfed the net, checked the manufacturer's website, and I'm stumped.

I can connect to my ISP with my NIC connected to my Ambit 67078EU cable modem. Web, news, mail.

Hook up the WHR-G54S wireless router, Ambit cable modem to WAN port, computer NIC to one of the WHR-G54S ports. I can log into the Buffalo's internal webpage of 192.168.11.1, change settings, enable wireless security (yes, it does WPA TKIP and AES), BUT... it cannot find my ISP.

Under WAN on the home page, it says "Not determined because DHCP or PPPoE server not detected". Now WTF? My computer is set to use DHCP and not act as a DHCP server. My internet provider, Charter Communications, clearly tells people to use DHCP. The setup has worked for years.

The WAN port LED flashes with traffic almost constantly, while the port that connects to the computer NIC only flashes when I am accessing the router's internal page. I can't ping past the router. Easy Setup cannot resolve the WAN settings.

OK, I am off to a flying stop. Help?

Reply to
Louis Ohland
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Louis Ohland

Louis Ohland wrote in news:BAJ7h.51$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe04.lga:

Did you power down/the up the cable modem ?

Power down all devices.

Turn the cable modem back on.

Wait until it has a solid link back to the cable co.

Now, turn on the rtr.

Then the PC.

If you didn't power cycle the modem, it is still looking for the MAC address that was connected to it before, NOT the rtr MAC.

Reply to
DanS

Reply to
Louis Ohland

Now how can I set the password?

I typed the password > WHR-G54S now playing along. Thanks much.

Reply to
Louis Ohland

Administrator password

Change your root password here. Password may use alphanumetric characters and underscores [_], and may be up to 8 characters long.

Sorta week, > Now how can I set the password?

Reply to
Louis Ohland

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.