How to physically attach Linksys high-gain antenna to Linksys router

I purchased two Linksys HGA7S high-gain antennas to replace the standard ones on my Linksys WRT54G router. Although I can unscrew the OEM antennas, I can't figure out how to attach the replacements. The terminating connector on the new one is the same size as the matching one on the router so one doesn't fit into the other.Otherwise everything else looks the same. Can anyone help? Thought this would be simple; just don't want to break anything. Thanks for any help.

Reply to
infodel
Loading thread data ...

I think you bought the wrong flavor. The HGA7T is the replacement for the standard antenna on the WRT54G; at least, that's what I used on mine.

Reply to
Bob Willard

From a posting on the Linksys Community Forums:

"Linksys HGA7T are compatible and commonly use for Linksys routers and access points like WRT54GS, WRT54G, WAP54G, BEFW11S4, WAP11 and it has an optional stand, AS2TNC. On the other hand HGA7S (1 piece antenna) are compatible with wireless adapters and wireless bridge like WMP54G, WMP54GS, WET54G, WET54GS5 and also compatible with WRV54G. It has an optional stand, AS1SMA." John Jones, Detroit

Reply to
John Jones

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.