Experiences with flashing WHR-G54S with DD-WRT_v23.bin

Well, after a few miscues, it took.

If you do a TFTP -i -v 192.168.11.1 PUT dd-wrt.v23_generic.bin, then you will see some boilerplate.

Then when it starts to transfer, it will say: Packet will be sent. len=60, opcode=2 Then it should say the identification of the block that is being sent.

If you see this, it probably means that it's not taking, and will fail. Packet will be sent. len=60, opcode=2 Packet will be sent. len=60, opcode=2 Packet will be sent. len=60, opcode=2

Now I have flashed it, ipconfig /all reports CONFIG2 as the server, I think, the port blinks, but no joy at 192.168.11.1

Perhaps it's due to not logging in under W98SE (kiddie OS)? I'll swap it out with the one on the cable modem.

Reply to
Louis Ohland
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Louis Ohland

But I cannot connect with the WHR-G54S internal page. 192.168.11.1 times out.

Is there a way to see the IPs > I swapped it out with the Buffalo firmware WHR-G54S and here I am. >

Reply to
Louis Ohland

I had to check with IPCONFIG /ALL to figure out that I should be using

192.168.1.1 to talk to my WHR-G54S.

Splash screen for DD-WRT is much better than the Buffalo > But I cannot connect with the WHR-G54S internal page. 192.168.11.1 times > out.

Reply to
Louis Ohland

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.