Wireless versus Cordless for VOIP

Hi,

I posted to the wrong news group and did not get any reply. So, here's my question here for one last try.

Does anyone has experience over what is the best way to chat over VOIP? I use Skype mainly and had orginally wanted to get a wireless headset from Plantronics. But recently found that I could use a Skype USB adapter such as the rapidBox from rapidVoIP.com and convert my cordless phone into a USB phone. I wonder what are the pros and cons especially when come to sound quality.

Thanks.

Reply to
Creek
Loading thread data ...

USB phone will require your PC being ON. You be better of with router which has VoIP socket(s) (e.g. Draytek Vigor

2500V, 2600V or Zoom XV5) or ATA VoIP phone adapter plugged in to a router, then use ordinary cordless phone, regardless whether your PC is on or not.

There are also stand alone WIFI VoIP phones, like Zyxel 2000W, but alas quite expensive. Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

formatting link

Reply to
Sekhar

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.