vonage customer service is a joke

As of 1/11/2006, vonage has grown so large in their customer base that they no longer have the means to support thier existing customers. I have just waited on the phone 35 minutes and 19 seconds to eventually get cut off. This is a joke!. I am switching to LINGO as they are said to have excellent customer service. If you don't believe me and have a little time on your hands, go ahead and call thier support line that is listed on their website and follow the prompts (all 500 of them) that lead to customers needing help with a technical issue. You will be on hold at least 45 minutes before getting to someone. And when you get someone, it's usually another dept that you will be transfered to and they can't fix your problem. They open a "ticket' and tell you it will be fixed in 72 hours. then it doesn't get fixed and you are in an endless loop with these bastards.

Reply to
kmaqsudi
Loading thread data ...

This is true. After an 'upgrade' to the voicemail system, my password got reset and I couldn't get my voicemail for 8 weeks! (I accessed my voicemail by listening to them online.)

I tried to call them, but always ended up hanging up after 20 minutes of being on hold. Only after two months did a Customer Svce respond to my emails with the info about the reset #.

Terrible customer service, I agree.

But I remain a Vonage customer, as I've been for over two years, because otherwise the service has been exemplary.

Reply to
Sara Garland

Sounds as you hit the nail on the head. They can't support what they are selling.

I went with SunRocket.

Reply to
videobruce

How do you like SunRocket so far? How long have you had it?

Reply to
ukcats4218016

This auto quote feature in this forum really leaves alot to be desired. Surely wastes space and makes the posts harder to read.

I got it in Oct/Nov. It's ok, I do get dropped calls and I just had the VoIP adapter (they call a "Gizmo") falshed with a firmware upgrade that is suppose to help reduce this. I guess the biggest drawback is the slight delay and switching back and forth especially if you use a speakerphone which I do ALL the time. It's hard to carry on a fast paced 'argument' style conversation (fast paced, back and forth). For the cost difference I will live with it.

I will be 'porting over' my Verizon dial-up land line (POTS) to my Sunrocket account. I have DSL and unlike what they say, you CAN port over a DSL line IF you names match exactly on both accounts and you do it correctly.

I have my DSL billed through my CC direct from Verizon DSL, NOT Verizon telephone (whatever it is called). My Sunrocket is billed that way also. When all is done (hopefully I will have NO phone bill, but two CC charges a month. $25 for Sunrocket and $33 for Verizon DSL!

I don't make alot of calls and I don't live in the sticks. Phone service is good in the city and I have access to a dial-up line if I loose DSL or the Voip service. This was through a recomendation of a friend who I worked for for a few years doing business phone/computer network cabling work. He is very good and he reserached this. The other choice is Broadvoice especially for international calling (free to 20 some countries!!), but Sunrocket is cheaper out of the box. NO charge for anything.

Reply to
videobruce

Which is entirely dependent on how YOU post to it. Use a better news reader program.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

program"???? These are web pages to be read in a browser. I use Opera which is W3C compliant. None of which has anythging to do with the 'auto quote' feature. It takes up unnecessary space. There is no need to quote a previous post ij the first place. This isn't a large size forum with a hundred or thousand posts to each thread.

Reply to
videobruce

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.