Outside call forwarding without using a handset

Hi. I'm trying to find out if it's possible to use my winspm software (or really anything remotely) to forward an internal extension to an external number. I currently do this on my handset, but have to be in the office to do this. It would be so handy to be able to do this remotely somehow. That way we could forward our call center hotline to whoever is on call that day, and be able to change it on the weekend when no one is in the office. We're able to administer our voicemail remotely using phone commands, maybe it's possible to do this with the Merlin Magix too. We have a Merlin Magix system and use Winspm 8.0 to administer it. Thanks.

Reply to
3valve
Loading thread data ...

You need to set up remote access, so that you can call in and change your call forwarding.

This opens up your system to ALL types of abuse. If you do this, be sure to use a LONG barrier code, only give it out to those that need to use the feature, and change it often.

Read the sections of the manual dealing with remote access.

Reply to
Touch Tone Tommy

Reply to
3valve

Start by going to

formatting link
and downloading the manual (free) for your system.

Remote Access means that one (or more) or your outside lines will be answered by a dialtone from the Magix. Then you will dial a "barrier code" to keep the average yahoo from using your system to dial around the world. Once the correct barrier code has been dialed, you'll be able to dial the feature code for Forward, the extension number to forward, and the destination number to forward it to.

You will use WinSPM to program the parameters like which line will have the remote access feature, which extensions will be allowed to be forwarded to outside numbers, what the barrier codes will be, etc.

If this is beyond your comfort level, I can guide you through it, or contract to program it for you remotely.

Reply to
Touch Tone Tommy

Reply to
3valve

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.