Call forwarding

Hi, I am trying to do something that should be rather simple, and I am doing it to try to reduce the number of things we have to get outside vendors to handle.

I am using OTM navigator 2.01

I want to set an extension that will forward to another number after X rings, then if that extension does not pick up after X-rings, transfer back to the orignal extensions voicemail.

We have other lines that do this, but I can't seem to see how it is done.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Kendal Emery
Loading thread data ...

The login number for voice mail is ACD DN 6245 in this example.

DN 1234 is the origonally dialed number, then after X rings, the call should ring DN 2345, then after another X rings, go to voicemailbox

1234, this is basic stuff:

On the TN with 1234: Add FDN 2345 and CLS FNA On the TN with 2345: Add FDN 6245 and CLS FNA + SFA

There are a varienty of feature interactions that could complicate this, for example, if any of the DNs are not on the KEY 00 of the phones or LHK is lower than the KEY number of the DNs, or if you need other DNs on the set to FDN differently. All can be solved, but it isn't as simple as "make it go"

Gene from

formatting link

Reply to
GHTROUT

And, what if I need to add another extension to do the same thing. So now we have 1234 forwarding, and 3234 forwarding

Reply to
Kendal Emery

OK, so this works great.... Thank you, but one more quick question, and I know this is probably real basic also (I am actually starting to study this stuff, but just starting) can I change the number of rings in this example, where the phone will ring three times, transfer, ring twice, transfer back?

Reply to
Kendal Emery

The number of rings before no answer is defined in the in the LD15 Customer Datablock. There are three values a phone can be set at... A common example: 3 rings= Phone Value 0, 6 rings= Phone Value 1, 9 rings= Phone Value 2.

The "Phone Value" is the response to "RCO" - print out a phone and you'll see that RCO prompt. Then print out the CDB in LD21 and look for the "RDR_DATA", that is where the CFNA and DFNA values exist - they are what make up the RCO value. Yes, it's hard to grasp it all in one post.

As far as having the phone search for an answer, it is limited to what you did. Although I've never found a realistic application for a call to bounce around more than "two no answer steps", I expect some day I will. At the same time, If the call needs to find an answer, you might as well put the line called on all the phones that would be targets...then it will have a better chance of a prompt answer.

Gene from

formatting link

Reply to
GHTROUT

Some years ago one of our Sr. Marketing buffoons came to us asking for 6 forward hops. Yes, we can do it, but after 3 hops and 8~9 rings the call is pretty stale and your chances of any reasonable person waiting that long for an answer is slim. I recommended as you did, if answering the call is -that- important, send it to a broadcast group after 5 rings, maybe even include a set of Dan Mac bells or a 110-dB Claxon horn or a

140-dB Stinger and 100,000 candlepower tower strobe. That way someone from the grave might even answer if only to silence the din.
Reply to
Mitel Lurker

When it "must" be done, I believe it can be done by mixing ACD queues with the phones, hoping betwen them. I've never seen a need for it....but it's rumored to exist somewhere :-)

New subject - IPC is "EOL"ing our system, which we can use as the reason to upgrade - forklift. Seen any competition out there? Not BT - already have them. About 140 turrets.

Reply to
GHTROUT

I think if I had it to do all over again I might avoid Etrali. They also have no local service techs in your area, surprisingly not even in Chgo. They're a division of France Telecom. As far as I know today they have local service remaining only in NYC and Houston. They lost a couple really big accounts in 9/11 that I understand rebuilt with IPC. The Etralis have been fairly reliable, even got advanced Q.SIG working, just an awful lot of money for the hardware and a king's ransom for the annual maint. contract. I have only 100 turrets still in service today. By the way, we shut off all 5 of our NICE Loggers last April. After Enron imploded I think the only thing we regret is ever having run them in the first place. I swear, we're still getting subpoenas for trader audio. This nightmare just won't go away.

IPC is the recognized leader, both in market share and the technology and so prolly worth staying with. Their new IP stuff is pretty cool. Since they're MD'ing the old iron I'd twist their arm for a "consideration" on the new.

Reply to
Mitel Lurker

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.