looking for a valuable project in VOIP / IMS

hi all, I am a senior undergraduate in Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee. As a part of our course structure, I have to do a Final year project in the last two semesters. I have planned to do my B.Tech Project in the field of Voice over IP (VoIP) and most probably related to IMS networks. But i am unable to think of a nice project that has some value in today's IT industry or which may come out to be a very good research project. So, I will be very thankful to you if you can help me in this regard or else if i could be a part of any on going project in some company/university.

Thanks

Regards

-- Vindhyavasini Tripathi Senior Undergraduate Bachelor of Technology Electronics and Communication Engineering Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee Uttaranchal India

Reply to
vindhyavasini
Loading thread data ...

Hello Vindhyavasini,

I have an excellent idea. You may be familiar with MTSO (medical transcription service companies) I own one in the USA. Currently, clients call into our 1800 which we lease from the telephone company. They charge an arm and a leg. It's analog and poor quality as well. Our digital servers convert the analog to digital wav file and we store it on our ftp site for our transcriptionists.

The problem- Reliance PBX analog telephone line (issue of quality but more important cost) Solution - use VOIP solution. Callers call into a VOIP # through a standard high speend interent connection and that integrates into our Transcription ASP. However, the company that provides VOIP in the US, Vonage, does not offer this solution as a 1800#.

Ashish EchoScribe > hi all,

Reply to
drashish

Hello Vindhyavasini,

I have an excellent idea. You may be familiar with MTSO (medical transcription service companies) I own one in the USA. Currently, clients call into our 1800 which we lease from the telephone company. They charge an arm and a leg. It's analog and poor quality as well. Our digital servers convert the analog to digital wav file and we store it on our ftp site for our transcriptionists.

The problem- Reliance PBX analog telephone line (issue of quality but more important cost) Solution - use VOIP solution. Callers call into a VOIP # through a standard high speend interent connection and that integrates into our Transcription ASP. However, the company that provides VOIP in the US, Vonage, does not offer this solution as a 1800#.

Ashish EchoScribe > hi all,

Reply to
drashish

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.