Looking for a pay VOIP service

I have an Asterisk server and I want to make the following connection

POTSPOTS

I am using Asterisk to conference the two pots line.

Think of it like a dating service. Two people both receive calls and then are able to talk to each other.

There is no telephony hardware installed on this server.

The part I need help with is how I set up an account with the VOIP company that can deliver the POTS call and charge me per minute?

Thanks,

Bill

Reply to
Bill Corden
Loading thread data ...

I don't understand what you mean?

I am > > The part I need help with is how I set up an account with the VOIP company

Reply to
Bill Corden

This of course depends on where you'd want to start this service..?

Arnold.

Reply to
Arnold Ligtvoet

I think he means that there are many countries in this world, and you didn't say which country you were from, but if you had, it might have made it easier to help with your query.

I think he guessed that ;-)

Reply to
GwG

formatting link
Government World Administrative divisions:

268 nations, dependent areas, other, and miscellaneous entries

This means that theoretically you could have been in any one of these

286 different countries trying to start a VoIP dating service.

The US has quite a large number of voip service providers, I found a fairly comprehensive list when I searched google

formatting link
for 'voip service provider'. Among these hits was this site:
formatting link
There is another list on:
formatting link
If I understand your original post correctly you are looking to create some sort of conferencing service where you connect two incoming streams together. IMHO this can be done with any VoIP provider that offers call terminiation via IAX (Inter Asterisk eXhange), H.323 or SIP.

Arnold.

Reply to
Arnold Ligtvoet

Eeek, I just checked cia.gov and found that indeed there are other countries *outside* of the USA !!! Needless to say I have forwarded this fact to CNN and G.W. Bush and I expect prompt action soon ;-)

Arnold.

Reply to
Arnold Ligtvoet

Ok. I admit am the egocentric American. Guilty and admonished. I will try to do better. But...

What difference does it make where I am? I am not asking for DID service. And, I have found a few carriers that I think can help me (LiveVoIP, Gafachi, VoicePulse). I can pretty much call anywhere in the world through these guys.

What I was really looking for was a practical example, which I think I found at:

formatting link
My original question was premature and I really should have studied more before I posted it.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Corden

All is forgiven :-)

Uhm, you are asking for a POTS termination service right? IMHO you are trying to build something where two people call into your server and are then connected to eachother? In this case it would seem logical to me that you would have to use numbers that are at least terminated in the same country, perhaps even state (for Americans that is ;-) ).

The wiki is a very nice place to start. I'm sure you'll be able to build a system based on that. I would like to point you to the specific IVR sections, specifically the ones about scriptlanguages in IVR. Also if you are trying to build a big system in terms of numbers of users, I remember seeing a MySQL config patch, all user/line/extension config is stored in a DB.

I recently found this

formatting link
. Never tried it, however it seems like a nice way to expiriment with *.

Arnold.

Reply to
Arnold Ligtvoet

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.