Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

GSM-900
Hello All, May I know why do we need the number 900 to make GSM900 meaningful? Is it because the rf signal is in 900 MHz? or the local oscillator used for GSM900 system is at 900 MHz? Kindly...

Our Telephonic Primacy
By William F. S. Miles | March 21, 2005 "WE'RE NUMBER One!" Americans often make this jingoistic boast in bouts of competitive patriotism. But on what basis? When it comes to the standard...

Cell Phone Jammer For Sale MONIX MGB-1S
I have a nearly new cell phone jammer for sale -- range is approximately 30 metres in radius. Model MONIX MGB-1S cellular Jammer. Used only one week (and then the tenant was gone! - hint great for...

Re: Texas Sues Vonage Over 911 Problem
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Vonage should not be offering 911 at all, rather, they should be highlighting the fact that emergency call centers do not allow Vonage to route emergency...

Re: New Long Range Cordless Phones?
It is true that highly directional antennas (which none of those pictured in the ad are) can provide ranges such as they describe. Think satellite dishes and clear line-of-sight paths (or even better,...

New Long Range Cordless Phones
Dave, I'm pretty sure these are illegal in the US&P(ossessions). One of the issues was interference with Air Traffic Control communications systems, as I recall. Someone on the list may be able to...

Re: Hackers Target U.S. Power Grid
These little gas-fired plants (100MW ?) seem to be solving the problem for the NYC area. They take about an acre and generate no perceptable smells/noise/etc and pass zoning review if the proposed...

Re: What Happened To Channel 1
Whenever I need some comic releif, I check out the CB section of the local truck stop. BTW: Did anyone notice the latest trend in antennas? You angle them forward about 45 degrees. These are the rigid...

Texas Sues Vonage Over 911 Problem
[Comment: Since this originates in Texas, I cannot help but wonder if SBC had any involvement in this, even if only maybe by putting a bug in someone's ear at the AG's office. We will probably never...

Dangling Broadband From the Phone Stick
MATT RICHTEL SAN FRANCISCO, March 18 - To gauge the potential consumer impact of the consolidation sweeping the telephone industry, look no further than the silver-toned plastic phone gathering dust...

Re: Mobile IP Networks
I can help, I have a great Cisco based solution for you. 007 wrote: http://www.miptac.com

Level 3 Withdraws Request For VoIP Ruling
Telecom dailyLead from USTA March 22, 2005 'S HEADLINES NEWS OF THE DAY * Level 3 withdraws request for VoIP ruling BUSINESS & INDUSTRY WATCH * Texas to sue Vonage over 911 call * Verizon, Qwest...

Find Routes to Get Free Directory Assistance Help
Gregory Karp Of The Morning Call Convenience costs Americans big-time, from bagged salad at the grocery store to automatic carwashes to house-cleaning services. Another convenience is dialing...

Level 3 CEO Comments on Withdrawal of VoIP Forbearance Petition
Crowe Comments on Withdrawal of Level 3 VoIP Forbearance Petition Colo., March 21 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The following statement can be attributed to James Q. Crowe, chief executive officer of...

Forbes Article on VoIP vs. Incumbent Telcos
Threatening Calls Scott Woolley, 03.28.05 Never friendly, the battle between the Internet calling companies and the incumbent telcos has gotten downright ugly. Vonage, the biggest Internet phone...