Packet8 Number Portability

Packet8 has been ok for me. Just one thing thats been irritating. The claims on their website at times don't jive with reality. For one, they claimed that virtual numbers were available for Canadian area codes. That was simply a lie. They were aware of this contradiction but chose to ignore it for a very long time. Finally they removed the claim.

Secondly, they claim that it takes up to six weeks to have your number ported. That may be true for some, but it hasn't been true for me. It has been 9 weeks for me and still no "status updates" on my account. Their standard reply when called on this matter is, "I'll pass this to the LNP department".

On one call to support, I was led to believe it was stalled because of my phone company. I entered a complaint with my States's PSC only to receive a call from my phone company saying all they need is a PON and that Packet8 would know exactly what that is. Well ... I called support again. Same response as quoted above. Oh ... and he also said that the website is incorrect ... that it hasn't been updated yet to reflect that they are backed up and the time is actually more than 6 weeks. Support told me that 10 days ago. Does it take 10 days to update a sentence on a website? Naw it dutton.

Reply to
kwyet
Loading thread data ...

you gain control of the economy of your own community, then you don't have to picket and boycott and beg some cracker downtown for a job in his business.

The social philosophy of black nationalism only means that we have to get together and remove the evils, the vices, alcoholism, drug addiction, and other evils that are destroying the moral fiber of our community. We our selves have to lift the level of our community, the standard of our community to a higher level, make our own society beautiful so that we will be satisfied in our own social circles and won't be running around here trying to knock our way into a social circle where we're not wanted. So I say, in spreading a gospel such as black nationalism, it is not designed to make the black man re-evaluate the white man -- you know him already -- but to make the black man re-evaluate himself. Don't change the white man's mind -- you can't change his mind, and that whole thing about appealing to the moral conscience of America -- America's conscience is bankrupt. She lost all conscience a long time ago. Uncle Sam has no conscience.

They don't know what morals are. They don't try and eliminate an evil because it's evil, or because it's illegal, or because it's immoral; they eliminate it only when it threatens their existence. So you're wasting your time appealing to the moral conscience of a bankrupt man like Uncle Sam. If he had a conscience, he'd straighten this thing out with no more pressure being put upon him. So it is not necessary to change the white man's mind. We have to change our own mind. You can't change his mind about us. We've got to chang

Reply to
kwyet

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.