Re: USB to RJ-45 Console Cable?

JXM2119 wrote:

>> I would like to buy/make a cable that will have a USB >> connector on one end and an RJ-45 on the other. > If by "RJ-45" you mean an 8-position modular connector wired to carry > an Ethernet circuit, you'll need an adapter such as Planet Technology > Corp. Model PT9500. I have two of these devices in service, > connecting oldish PCs (W98) to a Linksys router. They work great.

RJ-45 connectors are also commonly used for all sorts of serial links -- including async (using RS-232 levels), sync (often RS-422), and even telecom (such as DS-1). It's not just Ethernet.

Reply to
James Carlson
Loading thread data ... Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.