Re: USB to RJ-45 Console Cable?

I would like to buy/make a cable that will have a USB

> c> If by "RJ-45" you mean an 8-position modular connector > wired to carry an Ethernet circuit, you'll need an > adapter such as Planet Technology Corp. Model PT9500. I > have two of these devices in service, connecting oldish > PCs (W98) to a L> RJ-45 connectors are also commonly used for all sorts of > serial links -- including async (using RS-232 levels), > sync (often RS-422), and even telecom (such as DS-1). > It's not just Ethernet.

JXM2119 didn't tell us what kind signal s/he's using. I inferred Ethernet from the context of the question; if s/he has some other signal in mind, perhaps s/he should let us know.

I agree that 8-position modular connectors can be wired for things other than Ethernet; that's why my response to the original question began with the word "if." But I don't agree with the use of the term "RJ-45" to identify a connector. RJ45 is a USOC (albeit apparently obsolete); not a connector.

Neal McLain

Reply to
Neal McLain
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.