DSL and Speakerphone Problems!?

Ever since I got DSL (from Verizon), I have been having problems with the speakerphone service. I've tried two or three phones, and for some reason, although I can hear people speaking when I try to use the speakerphone on my regular phone, no one can hear me when I speak. Has anyone else had similar problems with DSL service?

For what it's worth, the volume seems fine both when I am speaking and listening on the handset, and also when I listen using the speakphone. The problem only occurs with trying to speak into the speakerphone -- no one can hear me.

The phone is on an outlet that is also connected to the DSL modem (a Westell 2200) with Linksys Router. There is also a connection to a plain old modem in the PC, and an answering machine. However, I tried connecting the phones (again, I've tried several) to another outlet that has no computer or other loads, and I still can't get the speakerphone to hear me (on any of the phones I tried). Any suggestions?

Steve O.

"Spying On The College Of Your Choice" -- How to pick the college that is the Best Match for a high school student's needs.

formatting link

Reply to
Steven O.
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.