If sold wireless, will see modem?

Verizon gave me a wireless router and I'm not too happy with that. I got a D Link DSL 100 D/CZ modem in my machine. Will it work?

Also, I got an integrated 82557 network card in the machine and Verizon says I don't have an NIC

- = - Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian

formatting link
---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Fooey on GIU,{MS,X}Windows 4 Bimbos] [Cigar smoke belongs in veg food group]

Reply to
vjp2.at
Loading thread data ...

| Verizon gave me a wireless router and I'm not too happy with that. | I got a D Link DSL 100 D/CZ modem in my machine. | Will it work? | | Also, I got an integrated 82557 network card in the machine | and Verizon says I don't have an NIC | | - = -

How did Verizon come to the conclusion that you don't have a NIC ? The Intel

82557 chip is certainly a 100Mb/s Ethernet chip-set which means you should have an embedded RJ45 port on the computer.

However, the chances of the D-Link DSL Modem working are slim to none. Verizon only supports Westell modems. If you don't like the Westell Modem/Router (327W ?) then place the Westell in Bridge mode so it only works as a modem and not a Router. Otherwise you may have to buy a Westell DSL modem from Verizon (such as a Westell 2200).

Reply to
David H. Lipman

I'm sorry, when I scanned for replies on groups.google I didn't notice yours.

THanks for the advice.

- = - Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian

formatting link
---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Fooey on GIU,{MS,X}Windows 4 Bimbos] [Cigar smoke belongs in veg food group]

Reply to
vjp2.at

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.