setting up wireless network with dsl

-------------------------------------

I have verizon dsl (westell 2200 modem) I bought a linksys wireless g router. tried to set up network have pc wired and 2 wireless laptops. I can access my chat but not internet. I have modem set as bridge as required and router is pppoe. HELP any ideas??

##-----------------------------------------------## Article posted with Cabling-Design.com Newsgroup Archive

formatting link
read and post WWW interface to your favorite newsgroup - comp.dcom.xdsl

- 2389 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
suem
Loading thread data ...

Here is the procedure I use. To set up Westell 2200 modem and Linksys G router WRT54G-V2:

1. Connect modem to computer without router.
  2. Reset modem (press reset button for 30 sec.), and wait for stable lights.
  3. Boot-up computer.
  4. Go through account setup using Verizon CD.
  5. Verify Internet access.
  6. Connect to modem 192.168.1.1, and change to bridge mode: a. config/VC/PPPoE/edit/PPPoE_Protocol=Bridge (vice PPPoE) b. config/DHCP/off (vice Private_Lan)
  7. Turn off computer.
  8. Connect computer to router and modem.
  9. Reset router (press reset button for 30 sec.), and wait for stable lights.
  10. Power-cycle router and modem.
  11. Boot-up computer.
  12. Connect to router 192.168.1.1, switch to PPPoE, and enter Verizon username/PW; host=blank; domain=blank; then wireless/SSID=xxxxxxx
  13. Verify status as connected.

It is also a good idea to update the router firmware.

Reply to
Gordo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.