Need Advice: Vodavi Speakerphone - duplex any better?

Hello, we just got a brand new Vodavi Starplus STS phone system for the company. No sooner was it installed than I got complaints about the speakerphone. I found out that it's half-duplex, and that I would need to spend $1700 to upgrade the KSU and 3 phones to duplex. Has anyone heard the duplex Vodavi phones? Is the speakerphone worth the upgrade? Or am I going to hear another earful after I spend the money and the speakerphone is hardly better? Thanks for any help!

Reply to
Dave
Loading thread data ...

You can "upgrade" an STS to full duplex speakerphones ? How ? Even the STSe does not claim that.

TerryS

Reply to
TerryS

Terry, I'm no expert, as you can tell...my dealer said it wasn't possible. I called and found two other dealers who said it was possible. There is an upgraded KSU (don't know the model) which handles both duplex and half-duplex. One local dealer, who also claims to install it, seems confident about the whole thing. You may want to look into it some more. I myself will wait until I can confirm the quality level of Vodavi duplex phones. Each of those phones cost $300, which is a huge price to pay...I could buy an external speakerphone unit for that price. The other dealer who said it was possible seems really knowledgeable and said he would help me install the unit over the phone, and if it didn't work, we could just swap it back out for the original KSU. He sounds like a really good guy, and he'll sell the equipment by mail-order. So I'll give you his info: Sean from Acme Telephone: 866-577-2263 x107

Reply to
Dave

Terry, I'm no expert, as you can tell...my dealer said it wasn't possible. I called and found two other dealers who said it was possible. There is an upgraded KSU (don't know the model) which handles both duplex and half-duplex. One local dealer, who also claims to install it, seems confident about the whole thing. You may want to look into it some more. I myself will wait until I can confirm the quality level of Vodavi duplex phones. Each of those phones cost $300, which is a huge price to pay...I could buy an external speakerphone unit for that price. The other dealer who said it was possible seems really knowledgeable and said he would help me install the unit over the phone, and if it didn't work, we could just swap it back out for the original KSU. He sounds like a really good guy, and he'll sell the equipment by mail-order. So I'll give you his info: Sean from Acme Telephone: 866-577-2263 x107

Reply to
Dave

I'll be interested in how this turns out. I've studied the announcement and data that Vodavi sent me and don't see this duplex operation. And have queried tech support. No answer yet.

TerryS

Reply to
TerryS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.