Wireless receiver - computer problem?

If your think that anyone here, who admonishes Fat Ass, does so because of any "threat" of business usurpation, you missed seeing the forest because of the trees.

Does that mean that you wouldn't give help to a DIY'er who came to this forum for advice?

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

Hi Bob,

I've snipped your post for brevity but I think you did a great job telling it.

Thanks.

Reply to
Jim

You could say that after it reaches the point of becoming personal attacks, and outrageous denigration of individuals, it should not be tolerated by ALL the participants in this Newsgroup. You could also say that by not objecting to such offensive conduct enables and encourages more of the same. As it obviously does. You could say that if no one ever objects to obnoxious behavior it just becomes accepted as normal. His entire existence in this group is to sell equipment to unsuspecting end users who he lies to about his experience and his presence in the installation business. His ploy and inferences that all installers are out to scam the public, could be put to rest. If you stop the sales, eventually he'll find another more enjoyable place to spend time to get business or finally begin acting polite. All it would take is the same as the Aviation group did. Posting just some of his bad habits every time he tried to do business here and not interacting with him would suffice. That could easliy be done here, with cooperation. E-mails from lukers and End users seem to indicate that I have some sucess at that, all by my self. Just imagine ..... Peace at last ..........

It's unfortunate that at this point, fighting fire with fire is the only recourse left if it is left up to individuals to fight the fight.

I do have to admit, he's partially right about one thing. There is an Idiot Brigade here, but in my opinion ...... not for the reasons he cites.

I suggest that your read Bob L's excellent post. I don't mind helping most people who come here. Just not the demanding or obnoxious ones. If you play nice with people ..... they'll usually play nice back. If they don't, they can expect the same treatment back. That's not really that hard for most people to understand.... except for FAT ASS.

Reply to
Jim

I know about the other crap too...... Bass is a professional "Agitator", I knew a few back in my CB radio days, those guys loved to tear up a channel for hours each night... When he says things like "any monkey can install an alarm", he's pushing buttons (A.K.A. dropped the hook in the water) and waiting for a response with a grin on his face... A couple of minutes will pass before the first "F**K you (A.K.A. Bite) comes in... ahhhhhhhhhhh satisfaction is achieved after he gets another persons goat....... Need I say anymore?

I used to, but I've gotten tired of giving free advice to people that seem to expect it... The whole "I bought this system from ABC electronics and need help installing it" scenario is really old... I wish they'd call the company they purchased the system from... Why should any of us provide free tech support for online dealers that don't answer the telephone?

Reply to
Russell Brill

What is the danger in buying from a retailer? I've gotten ripped off by more contractors at my home than by retailers who sold me merchandise that I installed myself. The licensed plumber with the leaky pipes that ruined the carpet, the roofing guy who didn't know how to install roofing, the concrete people who didn't understand plumb, level, square. I don't know where you live, but in rural Tennessee they have a completely different definition of what a professional is. After a professional leaves, the homeowner must then repair what wasn't broken before.

Bob

Reply to
Robertm

In Tennessee the board will take action only if the price of the job is over $25,000. So licensing here is pretty much a joke, except maybe that it looks good in the Yellow Pages. License to steal? As you might imagine, the contractors take advantage of this.

Bob

Reply to
Robertm

If Jim were his only detractor, Russ, I'd think you had a point.

Jim is just more, shall we say, vocal than a lot of us. We can't all be posting 'here' 'here' after every post but many here feel as he does about the situation. This place could be (and often is) a class act.

Reply to
mikey

From what I can make of it, it appears that anyone contracting to do alarm work must be licensed and all workers must be licensed. They don't state it clearly and plainly in a simple manner. One has to delve into it and sort through it all.

formatting link
Bob

Reply to
Robertm

Jim,

I agree with you on the comment listed above, I just don't agree with your methods... Name calling & profanity don't help you win over newcomers on the NG... You and some of the others might want to change to a better approach, like educating potential system buyers about the dangers of buying from retailers (ALL, Not just Bass Burglar Alarms) located in other states, having them check the retailer's BBB record, and the pitfalls of purchasing alarm monitoring from a company that's not licensed in the buyer's home state...

Just my 1/2 cent, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

I see your point. My virgin ears cringe at some of the expletives (I think Jim's ex-navy, dunno) But he just stoops to Bass' level sometimes. Haven't you read any of the good alarm business stuff he writes? Besides, so what? He doesn't have to grovel for business here so he's anonymous. I'm glad somebody takes the time to take these assholes to task the way he does. These very same people shit on little dealers and big bad alarm companies and hypocritically do the same damn thing, work for free. E-Bay will do in Bass and bottom feeders will just end up giving the Great Whites a headache but they'll eventually be absorbed for a song.

Reply to
mikey

In California your Plumber would be in HOT water if you complained to the Contractors State License Board (A.K.A. CSLB)... CSLB would even arbitrate the case on your behalf if it had merit... However, if I (a California resident) buy something from one of the contractors in Tennessee and I get burned, CSLB can't do anything for me... So it's much better for a California resident to do business with a CA company/contractor because of the legal protections that are available to the CA consumer... Sorry to hear about the lack of protections for Tennessee consumers........ Regards, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

Great Whites ???...as in "sharks".....??

Mike, you're starting to talk in riddles. Wanna translate ?

RHC

These very same people shit on little dealers and big bad

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Yup. U-CONN has an excellent theatre program. When I was first tasked with designing a theatrical lighting system for my church I drove out to Storrs and spoke with the head of the department. I explained that my interest was not vocational. I didn't have time to attend classes. He gave me a copy of the curriculum and a list of text books related to lighting, stage design, make-up (choices affect lighting requirements), etc.

I bought the books, studied all of them and taught myself enough about lighting to do a decent DIY job. Amazingly, no one from the theater guild seemed to mind. :^)

Regards, Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms Online DIY Store

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass

This fellow has already stated his business is "not much of a success". My online alarm store is doing fine. We now sell more alarm systems than any other dealer in the region. If SDM included DIY sales in their annual "Top 100" we'd be in the high

40's or low 50's.

I don't worry too much about e-Bay. That's more the "tag sale" end of the business.

Regards, Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms The Online DIY Store

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Hmmm....... Makes me wonder if they have to have a license for jobs under $25,000... In California you don't need a license for jobs under $500, unless you're a security contractor... Security contractors must be licensed to do contracting at any price.... Regards, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

Mikey,

I do have a point, calling someone "Fat Ass" will ruin your creditability and elevate the other party to victim status... The Victim gets sympathy which can lead to an increased willingness by onlookers to spend their money to help the poor guy out......... There's nothing wrong with being vocal, as long as it's done in a professional manner with facts that people can take into consideration when making their decision... I'll shut now, Soap Box switch to Off position......... :-)) Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

I found that very same problem when I started putting together the licencing page on my website. Sometimes you really had to "dig" to find the information.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Which "region" would that be?? Bahia???

Reply to
Frank Olson

Russell Brill wrote:

You HAVE missed the point of all of this Russ. It's not the fact that he's a retailer. It's all about the attitude. The ego. The demeaning comments. The insults. The better than everyone else stance. The, he's never wrong position. The, lies. The denials. The theivery of information. The denials. Derogatory comments about installers. The denials. The claims that everyone else is responsible for the turmoil with complete disivowal of his conduct as being the cause. The fact that he knows EXACTLY what he's done to this Newsgroup. Lookit Russ. He claims that he's so successful with his on line business. That he does hundreds of thousands of dollars in business a year in sales. Now you tell ME, what could he possibly attain by being here in this group and doing what he does to cause turmoil except for his personal vendetta and because he simply is a nasty son of a bitch. Can you think of any other reason he continues to do what he's done in Usenet and in ASA for years and years???? It CERTAINLY isn't to get customers. ANYone who comes to this group gets an eyefull from me and the dozens of others who constantly oppose what he is and what he's done here. What end user in his right mind is going to take a chance that ANYTHING that is said about him is true? Would YOU? Would you, as an end user, seeing a dozen people pointing at a parts supplier as a nasty, arrogant, lying, fraud, take a chance that everyone just happened to not like this one guy? For No reaons at all?

So the only reason Fat Ass is here is to disrupt the group. Not even to do business which was his original purpose here. He got onto this track of disparaging installers and got him self to this point where no one supports, likes or will tolerate anything that he does. Yet he keeps right on pushing all the buttons that cause disruption. No gain except his ego that requires him to keep up the big show that he's right and everyone else is wrong.

When he stops the chaos will stop. Until that time this group will be exactly what he want's it to be. Just like him ........ NOTHING!

He's a nasty, rotten bastard for what he's done to this group and there's no polite way to put it. When describing a base, crud piece of shit, one can only use the only language there is to describe it.

Reply to
Jim

That would mean that your gross sales are about $9 million per year.

You'll forgive me, but I find it hard to believe that an online retailer is selling nine million bucks worth of alarm parts to do-it-yourselfers every year. If your average customer buys $500 in parts from you, that means you sell to 18,000 DIYers per year.

Tell me another fairy story.

- badenov

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.