Osborne-Hoffman 2000E receiver problem

To All:

Osborne-Hoffman 2000E receiver.

Line one functions properly. Line two is the problem. No additional lines.

When a signal is sent to line two, the receiver does not seize the line, hence the acknowledge tone is not generated for the xmitter to hear. When calling line two via headset I only hear the phone company generated ring voltage/tone that continues until I hang up. In effect the receiver does not answer when line two is called. Also when line one is busy with a signal, and a second call is sent to line one, the call is routed/hunted to line two, but the receiver still does not answe line two.r.

The receiver is aware of the ring voltage coming in on line two, because the receiver sounds it's buzzer, and then the operator silences it.

I have a spare OH, but before I go to the CO I thought I's query here for advice.

Thanks. Charlie

Reply to
chasbo
Loading thread data ...

Junk it and get a SurGard

Reply to
mleuck

Before your last comment regarding the buzzer,my thought was that the receiver ring detect circuit is not working. If the buzzer is connected across the phone with, with applicable capacitor or course, the receiver may still not be detecting ring, just the buzzer is working. Check the no. of rings to answer in programming. Meter the phone line on ringing to confirm it is 90v AC (approx.). Switch the phone lines to confirm that is is the receiver, not the phone lines. Trace the wiring from the coil of the line seizure relay, backwards, to see if there is a hardware issue re: the relay not seizing. If there are duplicate circuits for each phone line, compare the circuits with a meter to determine the difference. If the receiver uses line cards, swap them.

These are the ones that jump out at me. As you dive in, you might find other related issues,

John

Reply to
John Sowden

Thanks for the response. My problem has been resolved. A visit to the CO, with spare 200E in hand, turned up thhe following info:

Operators test dial to all receiver phone numbers and hang up when they hear the acknowledge tone. When they don't hear the tone they notify the respective alarm company.

The operators also said that the OH receiver buzzed when they called the line, requiring them to push the silence button on the OH.

When I arrived at the CO I dialed the line in question, did not hear the tone, but there was also no buzzing from the OH. Tested several times; no buzzing. Conclusion? Check for presence of dial tone coming into the CO.

Checked the punchdown block interface and while attaching my headset to the terminals I heard in the headset what souinded like a kissoff tone, and the bridgiing clip not quite seated. Found dial tone present after reseating the clip. I then called the line from my cell phone and heard the acknowledge tone. All has been well since.

Conclusion? Bridge clip not seated properly. Another tech recently had been on this block with headset, and when removing headset clips, may had pulled on the bridge clip.

Reply to
chasbo

Those anybody knows how to clean the buffer of my OH 2000

Reply to
WilliamPowerP

If the event you wish to delete is not in the display, scroll to event in the LCD. Use UP or DOWN switch as needed To enter Menu……………….Press # switch To delete Event……………...Press # to select function

Press DOWN to delete alarm Past events, on which the buzzer has been acknowledged and on which operator action has not been completed may be viewed by scrolling through the LCD display. The LCD prompts the operator to complete action on past alarms. Use the DOWN or UP key to scroll through the display. The LCD will return to display the most recent event automatically if a scrolling switch is not activated within 15 seconds. All past events including those on which operator action has been completed are permanently stored on the printout. Each line card stores up to 768 events. If the printer is disconnected, past events are sent to the printer after re-connection.

Reply to
mleuck

Jeeeeeze your "old"

Reply to
Jim Davis

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.