Emerson SW375 Ceiling Fan Receiver Programming

KEYWORDS: Emerson, AirDesign, SW375, SW330, SW350, program, programming, deprogram, deprogramming, code, learn, learning, codelearn, codelearning

I just received this information from Emerson's technical support group, and as it's undocumented (anywhere I was able to find it, anyway!) and extremely useful, I thought I'd throw it out on the bitstream. If you find this in a search a few years from now and it solves this pesky problem, yay!

Most Emerson ceiling fans need a matched controller/receiver, the SW375, to function. These receivers are matched to either the wireless SW330 control or the wall-mounted SW350 control (which appear to work identically via RF signals, incidentally!) by "code learning" the desired control to the desired fan.

If you only have one fan/receiver/control set, you're unlikely to ever encounter the problem of one remote controlling multiple fans. However, I have three, and for various reasons have switched around the receivers and controls, and ran into the annoying problem of a remote in one part of the house controlling more than one fan - even a fan quite some distance away.

If there is any information about "un-code-learning" or erasing the memory in the SW375, so that a particular remote will no longer actuate it, it's not recorded anywhere - including in the large and comprehensive installation and use manual that comes with each Emerson component.

The solution turns out to be extremely simple, and revolves around this fact: each receiver can store up to four remote codes. The remotes issue control codes something like Genie's Intellicode, where a rolling code is generated each time the learning button is pressed. (That might not be completely correct, but it's the gist of it and functionally correct!)

So: If you have receiver A and have matched it to remote A, and then install another fan (B) and accidentally code remote A or B to the wrong fan, you'll get overlapping control. The fix is this: overwrite all four codes in the receiver with the correct remote. This will push out codes from any other remote and leave the receiver and fan operating ONLY with the correct one.

1) Turn off all Emerson fans at the wall switch or circuit breaker. 2) Turn on power to the fan you want to program or reprogram. The receiver will beep. 3) IMMEDIATELY press the code-learn button. Each time a code is learned by the receiver, it will give a double beep. DON'T release the code-learn button until the receiver has double-beeped at least four times.

Voila - that fan will no longer operate with any but the remote you just used to program it.

On the SW350 wall controller, there is a specific code-learn button. On the SW330 handheld controller, you press the SLEEP and SELECT buttons simultaneously to send a code-learn. You have to send all code-learn signals (from all the remotes you want to operate that fan, up to four) within about two minutes of first powering up the receiver. Be absolutely certain that all other fans are POWERED OFF or they might pick up the code-learn too, starting the whole mess over again. Also, if you're going to program multiple remotes to a controller, be sure to let only the FIRST one beep four times (to clear any old codes), then do ONE code- learn beep from each successive remote. Otherwise you'll clear out remote codes you want to keep.

Hey, I was thrilled to learn this trick. Hope you are, too. Someday.

Reply to
James Gifford
Loading thread data ...

-------------------------------------

Reply to
ronileduc

replying to James Gifford, Paul M Bouthilet wrote: I have an Emerson ceiling fan controlled by a SR330 remote paired to a SW375 receiver. I wished to reverse the fan from the winter setting and turned the fan off by depressing the fan button, so far everything is OK. Reversed the fan direction via the remote and pressed the fan button but nothing happened, no beep or movement of the fan blades. Changes batteries and retried to restart the fan. Again no beep or fan action. Turn power to the fan off and on, heard a beep. Within a few seconds of the beep I simultaneously pressed the Select and Sleep buttons, nothing happened suggesting the fan receiver had received the transmitter code. I have tried this last procedure several times without success. FYI the fan is up about 25 feet above the floor. Perhaps the receiver is faulty but, if so, why did it respond to the initial fan shutdown command and acknowledge the repowering activation. Any suggestions to solve my problem would be appreciated.

Reply to
Paul M Bouthilet

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.