Wireless receiver - computer problem?

And what is your problem? You lashed out at me and called me stupid for telling a little story about my grandfather during the civil war. Sure it was OT, but the entire thread was OT. I've never attacked anyone personally although I may have not have agreed with what they were saying. You say it's ok to fight fire with fire, but it looks as though you enjoy starting some fires yourself.

Bob

Reply to
Robertm
Loading thread data ...

I was referring to number of new systems sold... not gross revenue. Since I don't demand a monitoring contract, RMR is a very small part of my business. The majors make much more money on monitoring than system sales.

No, but maybe Jesus will.

If you want stories about fairies, check with Olson.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Even if you take the figure of 1.5 mil (which Robert mentioned recently), that's still 10 - 11 systems per day (including holidays and weekends). Then you figure in the "two hours" he spends with each DIYer "teaching them how to install" which makes 20 - 22 hours a day he's on the phone... Yeah... I really do believe him!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Jim,

I understand your frustration, I was just offering an alternative approach to the problem, that's all....... Regards, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

I did? Recently?

I'm sorry but I don't even remember seeing you in this Newsgroup often or for any length of time and I don't remember your granfathers civil war story either. Do you use another screen name?

Care to show me a google on it? I'm curious now!

Usually, only when provoked or as a result of someone who's got the stupidity to support Fat ASS.

Reply to
Jim

I've just gotta point out this fact Russ. The reason he's called Fat Ass is because there used to be a fellow who participated in this Newsgroup who also had an online store. He didn't agree with what Fat ASS Bass does to this group. So in Bass' eyes not only was he a detractor but a competitor too. This fellow happened to have a weight problem and Bass used to ridicule him about his weight. Calling him pig and fat slob and lots of other nasty things. Bass also went to his store website and under false names, left messages as if he were dissatisfied customers who had received bad service. Bass was caught red handed and said it was just a "joke" ..... yeah ..... sure!

THENN it was discovered through some wedding photos that Bass had posted else where that Bass himself was a 300 pound porker, calling the kettle black. The other fellow no longer participates in this group. I'd say it is with good reason that Bass is now identified with the moniker of FAT ASS BASS.

What do you think?

Reply to
Jim

Sure, here's my message:

Robertm wrote:

Your reply to him ........:

Hmmm, Well sir you've just given me a lesson in history. It's now quite obvious to me that the reason you guys lost the war is because you grandfather was just as stupid as you are.

Path: news.infoave.net!newsfeed1.easynews.com!easynews.com!easynews!newsread.com!news-xfer.newsread.com!postnews.google.com!g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail From: "Jim" Newsgroups: alt.security.alarms Subject: Re: An absurd situation Date: 15 Aug 2005 19:00:22 -0700 Organization:

formatting link
18 Message-ID:

Reply to
Robertm

Seems to me that I made that response to you, thinking it was made by someone that had not been too nice in another thread.

I looked back briefly and couldn't find what I thought provoked my response. Not wanting to spend THAT much time looking at all the other contemporary threads..... I apologize for the comment. I do believe that I thought it was rejoinder to someone from of a previous disagreement.

Reply to
Jim

I think RLB suffers from NPD

formatting link
Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

I've had this problem all my life. Too many people with the name Robert. I post a comment and 50 people are ready to kill me because of what some other Robert said. You may have been thinking of the other one, and if so, and knowing how you feel about him, I understand your response. :-)

Bob

Reply to
Robertm

Take the "OSTRICH" position; in favor by "so called" pro's behavior...

Radio is not a secret stuff, behavior is well know by loyal en knowledgeable persons who are apparently not present in this NG.

Wireless alarm system don't have "space" or "military" requirements/qualifications, they are build with low cost and simple relative large band (SAW filters) radio receivers easy to disturb or to be disturbed.. Muzzled voluntary or un-voluntary.

Test them and see by yourself how good they are...

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
-pull

Ya know? It's not exactly 100 per cent, but dham ...... it's close enough that if anyone were to read that then be given the task of finding one person in ASA that came the closest ....... there's no doubt they have no choice but to pick FA.

Reply to
Jim

You could try using a new name ....... but ...... I'd suggest that you don't pick Jim. ):->

Reply to
Jim

That's the kind that Fat Ass likes.

When he hears about any kind of fairy, that just wont stop .... it really turns him on.

Reply to
Jim

The only "fairy" story I know is this one:

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.