Wire prices

18/3, 18,5, 18/7, etc. That's because CAN/ULC-S524

be bonded to ground. Ask "FireTek". He's the

Olson once posted how he likes to ground NMC boxes. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

Yes. They "ground" their plastic boxes. js

Reply to
alarman

CSA plastic boxes have a ground lug. And yes, you have to bond all back boxes to ground.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
Roland

It's another olsonism, like levitating ladders and snap-rolling 737's. He's got a million of them (they're all lies, of course).

O-l-s-o-n....

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Olson is right,even if you use plastic box,you need to put a ground in the grounding lug...

you must be asking why, a so crazy thing..

its because,even if you use plastic box the ground wire need to connect to every metallic part of an electric system,that is not carrying power,so the metal on a switch,or an electric plug,or on a metal cover on the plastic box, they all need to be grounded,its the damn code that say it must,so by putting a ground lug,that connects to the hole where you screw your device or plate on the plastic box you respect the code,the ground wire is there to protect your life,not to just help copper wire company sell more wire....But if its your life,just yours,not any other,I would be in favour of not putting any ground wire to any electrical system that you could touch....

I you would have a minimum understanding of any electrical code you would know that...

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news:

8fadnbR7LuvEdRTYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...
Reply to
Petem

got a million of them (they're all lies, of course).

You've yet to prove *any* of the above mentioned are lies. I wonder why...

Dunno, but I understand the "beat" is called "Bassanova".

Reply to
Frank Olson

I will be glad to once the AHJ says I have to, and does me the favor of pointing out exactly where this ground lug is. I have not come across one on a plastic back box.

Reply to
Roland

pointing out exactly where this ground lug is. I have not

They're in Olson's mind. Petem hasn't any experience or knowledge so Olson is able to snow him deeper than Denver's airport.

All kidding aside, there are some NMC boxes available with a ground lug. It's there for convenience in connecting stuff. If the item needs grounding and the lug is there, use it. Otherwise, use a wire nut.

In Olson's original gaff on this subject he thought that the lug must always be used. That is of course absurd.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

pointing out exactly where this ground lug is. I have not

Olson is able to snow him deeper than Denver's airport.

It's there for convenience in connecting stuff. If the

So you too are now suggesting grounding a plastic box after years of ragging Frank....

always be used. That is of course absurd.

Funny you never mentioned that until now

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Olson needs a rag. However, you've posted more about his plastic box gaff than I ever did. His error was in claiming that one must ground a plastic box. That is of course absurd. The lug is provided on some boxes but not to ground the box itself. It's just a convenient place to connect a device ground. Nothing in code requires you to ground an NMC box nor are the boxes themselves required to have a ground lug.

I rarely mentioned his stupid post on this subject at all. It's for his other lies that I usually smack him. You don't know anything about flying so the absurdity of his entire series of lies about that goes way over your head. You also wouldn't understand the physical impossibility of the lie he told about the ladder. I'll give you a hint though. In the fictitious electrified ladder story, Olson claimed that the top of the ladder was on the superstructure of this building. Any electrical cabinet at such a location would *never* be recessed. The ladder would have been leaning against the same surface as the fictional electrical cabinet. He claimed he was part way up the ladder when it magically jumped off that surface *with his weight on it*, shifted sideways and then dropped back down into the electrical cabinet. There are principles of physics --- you know, things like gravity -- which say that the whole story was pure bullfrank.

I realize that you know nothing about airplanes so it is excusable if you fell for the "737 snap-roll" story. I don't know if you are stupid enough to believe the levitating ladder story, too.

Now let's look at Olson's claims of doing all manner of major fire alarms in high rise buildings, etc. If there were one shred of truth to those tales, there would be lots of people in the trade in his area who know him. After he started calling my suppliers in an effort to hurt my business I decided to find out more about Frank Olson. I checked with every major supplier in and around Vancouver. None ever heard of him. I also contacted inspectors in and around Burnaby (where he says he is) and Vancouver. The result was the same. No one knew of him. I posted a question about him on a local (to him) forum. No reply.

I did finally find one person in the personnel department of one company in the area who said he had once worked their briefly but had been terminated. I don't know if that was by his choice or theirs. Asked if he could come back if he wanted to, she said no. In all fairness (not that he deserves it), most employers would say that about anyone who left, regardless of the circumstances. What that phone call did establish is that Frank Olson did briefly work for an alarm dealer. It's his name, alright. What the rest tells us is that he is not an installer any more and he has not done any of the great projects he claims he has. In short, the man's a pathological liar. He makes some like you seem almost honest by comparison.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Wonder if they use plastic wire to ground it.

| >>>Roland Moore wrote: | >>>

| >>>>18/7? I have heard of 18/6 for readers and use it often. 18/7? Are you | >>>>counting the drain? | >>>

| >>>Yeah. We have "weird wire" here. Fire cable comes in "odd" conductors. | >>>18/3, 18,5, 18/7, etc. That's because CAN/ULC-S524 (Installation | >>>Standard for Fire Alarm Systems) requires every device backbox be bonded | >>>to ground. Ask "FireTek". He's the expert. | >>

| >>

| >> even the plastic ones? :) | >

| >

| > CSA plastic boxes have a ground lug. And yes, you have to bond all back | > boxes to ground. | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

all that stuff is already grounded, to ground a plastic box is just plain silly.

| > It's another olsonism, like levitating ladders and snap-rolling 737's. | > He's got a million of them (they're all lies, of course). | >

| >> Let me see, how did that song go? | >

| > O-l-s-o-n.... | >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Robert L Bass wrote: "In short, the man's a pathological liar. He makes some like you seem almost honest by comparison."

You sure are a interesting little toad. If you are the one defining honest in the above statement, are you referring to the "honest" statements you made here about me? Remember? You wrote that I made (I am paraphrasing here): many idiotic posts to the Usenet groups related to audio. I busted you on this. Asked you to admit. You failed. (again...)

Please dude...STOP being a jerk. I don't need to google the 10,000 other things you are constantly called here, because it all boils down to one simple thing. You are not a "Murder", or a "Bully", or a whatever these fools keep calling you.

I'm pretty sure, after reading many of your posts, that you will not take offense to being called a "jerk", or in fact, being one.

Just my personal 2 cents. You tried to make me look like an audio idiot by being witness to my "idiotic posts" on audio newsgroups, got caught lying about it, and ignored a simple plea for clarification on the issue. Then you continue on to say how honest you are. PLEASE, as a good Christian/Jew/Pagan, stop being a jerk.

Jerky McJerkJerk III President JerkCallah Inc.

Reply to
Karl Magnus

Now if you cant see the ground log on those plastic box's your as dumb as you sound

formatting link
And by the way ,about experience,I don't brag being in a trade for

26,27,28,30+ years,I don't even brag about being in that trade for 20+ years,but what I can say is that I AM in that trade,what you cant say...cause your just simple online seller of parts...

but just to shut you up,I've been working for 13.5 years at the same place,and that's the 5th place I work for in the alarm business,and been to at least one year to every other place I,vet work for but one ( 2 weeks,cause ADT bought the first company I worked for,and I dropped them dead after 2 week cause they are the worst ever company I ever seen...) "Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news:

7ZednRDZoOjdbhfYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...
Reply to
Petem

formatting link
go see that..after come back and give us what you think about it...

"Crash Gordon" a écrit dans le message de news: 458b3e20$0$3570$ snipped-for-privacy@news.qwest.net...

Reply to
Petem

formatting link
go read

"Crash Gordon" a écrit dans le message de news: 458b3ee0$0$3574$ snipped-for-privacy@news.qwest.net...

Reply to
Petem

proof positive!

if only

Reply to
Don

than I ever did. His error was in claiming that one must

some boxes but not to ground the box itself. It's just a

to ground an NMC box nor are the boxes themselves

Yet it appears you now seem to support it, btw I've never posted about the plastic box grounding until today

other lies that I usually smack him. You don't know

that goes way over your head.

I am not a pilot but I was part owner of a Piper Cherokee for 5 years so no I know nothing about flying.

fell for the "737 snap-roll" story. I don't know if you

I've never seen the 737 roll or levitating ladder post, only the comments afterwards by Frank and you

in high rise buildings, etc. If there were one shred of

area who know him. After he started calling my suppliers in

Olson. I checked with every major supplier in and around

around Burnaby (where he says he is) and Vancouver. The

on a local (to him) forum. No reply.

Interesting but I'll bet if you call every supplier and inspector in the Dallas area they also would have never heard of me and I've been around for

15 years in the industry.

in the area who said he had once worked their briefly but

Cool, hey what was his name and what company did he work for?

back if he wanted to, she said no.

Correction, what was her name and what company did she work for?

about anyone who left, regardless of the circumstances.

for an alarm dealer.

What dealer?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I saw I read, never see anything like that before....and I still think it's silly.

| >

| > | > It's another olsonism, like levitating ladders and snap-rolling

737's. | > | > He's got a million of them (they're all lies, of course). | > | >

| > | >> Let me see, how did that song go? | > | >

| > | > O-l-s-o-n.... | > | >

| > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.