Holiday food drive help needed

I'm doing a food/toy drive here in NY where we are donating groceries and gifts to needy families in the area in time for Christmas. Now whatever your faith or even if you don't have a faith I'm asking for some assistance. I don't need cash or toys sent. That's my responsibility, and I'm sure there's needy people in your neck of the woods you can help. What I could use is something most of you throw out every Sunday. The factory coupons for the groceries. The lower the price of the groceries the more I can buy. I'm not buying 100 sunday papers so I am asking anyone here to drop your Sunday coupons in the mail and send them my way. Any help is appreciated.

Send them to:

24-7 Security Inc. 165 Bronx River Road Yonkers, NY 10704

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Everywhere Man
Loading thread data ...

I don't subscribe to the local newspaper. Will you accept a cash donation anyway?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Thanks for the offer. Spend a buck on the Sunday paper and send the coupons instead. The coupons are as good as cash. Give the difference to a local food pantry or church if you wish. I'm doing the grocery shopping next Friday with Saturday morning dropoffs to the churches. Next year we will be better organized but in the short time since we started we've received enormous support. It was my wife's idea. I'm the same heartless bastard I've always been but since the couch hurts my back, and I am no longer accustomed to fast food or wrinkled clothes I need to play by her rules.

Robert L Bass wrote:

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Alright, alright. So I was wrong. You're a peach. Now what's your address?

[Background sound: RLB grumbling about having to admit error]
Reply to
Robert L Bass

Thank you

Send them to:

24-7 Security Inc. 165 Bronx River Road Yonkers, NY 10704

Robert L Bass wrote:

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

Reply to
Everywhere Man

I just want everyone to know that this "heartless bastard" only says that so no one will try to steal it.

It must be worth a lot since in my family's eyes it appears to made of solid gold.

We thank you, Tom. Since you don't know me or my family it makes your gesture that much more appreciated.

Chris' guest book is up to 8 pages and that is just a glimpse of the outpouring of love and support we have been receiving.

formatting link

Thank you again,

Joe

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Well, I doubt the few in our small town TX paper would be for any stores you have up there, but if you know anybody who's free about the time the papers are being delivered, you could ask them to follow the paper guy a bit; most either throw out their leftovers at the end of the route, or hang on to them and toss them at the start of the next day's route, so find that dumpster and you'll have a gold mine in coupons Sunday or Monday.

You could also just tell the delivery guy what's going on and ask him if you could have the coupon section when he's clearing out the outdated papers.

Reply to
Joe Bramblett

You're welcome. However, I can't get enough coupons to equal the amount of the intended donation unless I buy a lot of newspapers. I sent you a check instead. It's not a huge donation but it should be enough for dinner for a few people anyway.

Remind me early next year and I'll save coupons for a few months ahead of time.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.