Vista 15P Wiring

Anyone happen to have a Vista 15P wiring diagram on hand? I'm doing some research to try to install it myself or at least understand better how it works if I decide to go with a professional installer.

Reply to
SanguineIllusion
Loading thread data ...

There's usually one inside the door of the can, however, that is NOT going to help you much. What you need is the installation and programming manual. And if you don't have the full alpha keypad, you're "hooped".

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
Just Looking

Call and I'll give you access to download all the manuals for free.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Another RLB wannabe DIY'er

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I hope he's not expecting actual "help" from an idiot that thinks there's a 24 volt version of the Vista 128.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Or the idiot who thinks the Allegro has an integrated dialer

Reply to
Mark Leuck

He's wrong about the Vista-128. It is indeed available in a 24 Volt model. Here's a link to a page describing the unit:

formatting link
are 52 of them in stock.

There are several kits available which include the 24-Volt panel which actually cost less than the panel only. For example, the V128FBP-PAK2 consists of a 24-Volt Vista-128FBP, a 6160CR commercial fire keypad and a 5140DLM dialer module. This kit retails for $624. Here's a link to the kit:

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass

And if you want proof that burglars avoid "Alarm Farce protected homes", please feel free to visit *their* website.

You're so full of yourself, it's amazing. Why not RTFM, Bass (specifically page 3-4)? The Vista 128 is a 12 volt panel. The 128-24 incorporates a 24 volt power supply module (called a PS-24) that converts the NAC circuits to 24 volt DC outputs. There is no "24 volt version" of the panel. You can purchase the module separately and install it on *any* 128FB to accomplish the exact same thing. You're an idiot, Bass. You've obviously never seen one, sold one, installed one, or provided technical support on one and *this* proves it.

Page 3-29 details the connection requirements of the PS-24. Page 3-30 tells you SPECIFICALLY how to hook up the batteries. GASP!! There's a

12 volt battery to power the 128FB and a 24 volt battery to power the notification appliances... Gee... That must mean that the Vista 128 is a 12 volt panel...

While we've got the manual open, why not go to page 3-8 where it lists the compatible two wire smoke detectors approved by UL. Do you see the Napco Firewolf two wire smoke detector there anywhere? So much for your "expertise" in fire alarm.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Did I actually say that??

Reply to
Frank Olson

Did I actually say your name??

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Oh, I see... You were referring to another idiot.

Reply to
Frank Olson

No I WAS talking about the same idiot, I was just asking if I said your name

Reply to
Mark Leuck

ROFL! You're good. Ever thought of doing stand-up? You'd have tons of young women throwing their bicycle shorts at you on stage... :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

=BF=BDYou'd have tons of

Dirty, sweaty, smelly, skidmarked ...... bicycle shorts.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.