Loading thread data ...

send a test signal

Reply to
Joe

Where What

I ran a diagnostics and received an OK

Reply to
Rich

That won't work, the panel has to send a signal which it can't while you are online

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I said remotely Can I clear it from the shop?

Reply to
Rich

Call it up, program it to send a successful download signal. When you disconnect, it will send the signal, and your com fail will clear.

Reply to
alarman

That is if:

1) the panel is proper connected to a working phone line

2) you are able to connect with accurate security code

3) you are able to properly program via DL900

4) the list can go on and on and on.

Reply to
ABLE_1

Thank you

Reply to
Rich

Ya there my accounts

Reply to
Rich

You have to make some checks and get them in to the panel.

down load, prog, log full.

manual comm test

something else.

Reply to
Rich

Well, duh.

Reply to
alarman

log full? umm ok....

Reply to
Mark Leuck

the place where test signals go.

any communication with the cs will clear the FTC. easiest remotely would be to do as alarman said and send signal on download. after you turn that on in programming. if you use daily tests it will clear itself in 1 day or less.

the question is why did you get a FTC and what was the event caused it? I have had to change test times on some systems to stop ftcs caused by the test signal.

another good way to clear FTC's is to turn on manual test to send a test signal to the central station for the end users. then they can do manual test that will also send cs test by pressing [*4]. you can also prog manual test to do a battery test and siren test at the same time as the cs test signal. A nice feature for the user to ensure that battery, siren and comm is wOrKing.

Reply to
Joe

Every time I read this board it puts a smile on my face... ha ha ha

Reply to
Russell Brill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.