Firewall for Bill's Vista

What is a good freeware firewall for Bill's Vista? I am running Vista Home Premium. I had good experience with Comodo on WinXP Pro SP2 but it is not yet compatible with Vista.

Any recommendations!

Thanx/NSP

Reply to
n o s p a m p l e a s e
Loading thread data ...

Vista's Firewall is more than enough.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Still spreading that false information I see Volker.

Jason

Reply to
Jason

You are not going to find anything better than the Vista FW and Vista in itself due to the advanced features the FW and Vista are using.

formatting link
Jesper's Blog
formatting link
formatting link
"If you try to block outbound connections from a computer that?s already compromised, how can you be sure that the computer is really doing what you ask? The answer: you can?t. Outbound protection is security theater?it?s a gimmick that only gives the impression of improving your security without doing anything that actually does improve your security. This is why outbound protection didn?t exist in the Windows XP firewall and why it doesn?t exist in the Windows Vista? firewall."

Vista Firewall Control

formatting link
Read, comprehend and implement.

Good luck :)

Reply to
Kayman

Maybe you want to explain, why this should be false.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

It even has that useless outbound filtering that everybody is so hot about... now WHAT are you complaining about this time?

Juergen Nieveler

Reply to
Juergen Nieveler

You are wrong. Vista's FW/packet filter is one of the best, with a lot of nice features.

Reply to
Mr. Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.