the police was dispatched to ... the wrong house

Not at all.

But actually .............. he was stupid before the cancer ..... or the chemo.

Now he's just slower reacting too.

But ............ his death is just around the corner .... it's just fun waiting for the announcement or ..... the sudden but prolonged lack of posts.

I was going to suggest we start a "Death Pool" but ..... I didn't want to be

"insensitive"

Anyway .... it's a tad too soon. Ya gotta give him a year or two before the symptoms appear.

Hey ..... do ya remember that feeling you used to get as a kid ..... when you realized that Christmas was getting closer?

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

I've installed Napco 99 to one since the late 70's early 80's and I can only think of about 5 panels in all that time that have had a definite lightning hit failure. I do ground my panels, however. I presume that can make a difference.

The panels that have failed were the "Magnum" type and were actually burned by the strike or the conductive lands on the PCB were "opened".

And I've yet to have a Gemini panel take a destructive hit. I did recently change out a 1000e panel that got destroyed, but the building structure took a direct hit and destroyed the telephone system, the sewage pump controls and the AC breaker box too.

Admittedly, lightning isn't a major reoccurring problem in my area though.

Reply to
Jim

Better get his private number Nick. His customers cant seem to get though to him, so I don't know why he thinks you can.

Reply to
Jim

by the strike or the conductive lands on the PCB were "opened".

That was the failure I saw most on those panels. The latter ones would stop communicating or have a dead or scrambled keypad.

It sure can be around here.

Reply to
Just Looking

Caller ID?

Reply to
Just Looking

LOL!

Reply to
Frank Olson

I can remember that in at least a couple of cases, I was able to solder the lands back on the board with "jumper wires" and the panel worked. Told the client what had happened and what I did. They made the decison to keep the panel. ( definitely put on paper though :-)

Reply to
Jim

HA HA HA HA! Thats funny!!!!!!

Reply to
Jim

Reply to
Roland More

So I'M at fault now. It should be the subscriber who pays for it.

If anything, it's your level. You get what you give.

Yes, but I had to point it out to you since you don't have a grasp of the concept.

MOST alarm companies YOU know of. You're an CS expert now are you? You know how MOST companies operate do you? It's time you got out of the alarm business, brushed the dust off your crystal ball and opened your Fortune Telling business there, Zoltan.

Believe whatever the hell you want and we'll conduct our business the way we want. As you've said in the past, no one here and nothing anyone does or says will make you change the way you do business and conduct yourself, so do you really think your opion of anyone will have on them. No way.

So what? I can't make money off services I sell? You're just mad because you can no longer do the same.

Customers are only left in a lurch if they deal with you. It's a proven point and is beyond debate

It's still not feel idiot. Do you understand the concept of FREE? Appartently not.

Sigh, I'm dealing with a mental midget.

I'm doing great avoiding Brasil, braggert.

Oh I'm so impressed. Not quite as impressed as I was this morning for my dog's first shit on the lawn this morning, but close. Keep it up and you might make it all the way up to dog shit.

And don't take my non response as an indication I don't care about continuing this thread. Oh yea..... I don't.

Julian

Reply to
Julian

No trademark, but I do have the copyright! Actually a friend of mine had cancer and I used a slightly different version for him. And he was never offended. Friends aren't offended when you're trying to keep their mood up with a little humour. As for Robert though, I meant it. Mind you, the chemo drugs have nothing to do with HIS stupid replies.

Julian

Reply to
Julian

Did you do the job?

On the contrary, I've never done anything like that. In fact, whenever anyone here has had a serious illness (including Michael Sabodish) I've reached out to them. That's because I actually understand the difference between life-threatening illness and newsgroup arguments. The former merit care and decency. The latter occasionally merit an argument but never the kind of vicious filth some of your pals have posted here.

I've been in this business for over 30 years. That is long enough to be familiar with the MO of many alarm companies, good and bad. By the way, how many months ago did you get started?

I know how to run a CS and (mors importantly) how to avoid a lot of the problems like the one which started this thread. Unfortunately, it appears many here either don't know or don't care how to reduce false dispatches.

Who is this we you're going on about. You're not in charge of anything.

I don't give a rat's jiminex how much you screw your customers. Keep it up. You'll only drive more of them away. Companies like mine are happy to give them better service.

Not at all. First of all, I'm not angry. Your kind of customer abuse only helps my business grow. Second, I make a better living since selling my alarm company and developing the online DIY store. It also gives me the freedom to travel more, working from both continents and make my own hours. I don't suggest others do the same though. For one thing, you'd need to know a lot more about alarms and associated technology just to handle tech support. Then you'd need to learn how to build a website.

This customer who got screwed wasn't mine. He was the victim o a professional alarm installer. I notice you've gotten very defensive about this. Was it you?

Huh? Would you like to try that again?

You wish.

Glad to hear it. Maybe you can do something with some small portion of your profits to actually protect your vict... er, customers.

There's nothing to be impressed about. It's just my alarm business and it works for me and my customers. Too bad you can't seem to understand how to help yours.

Nice to know what makes you happy.

Awe, gee.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Thankfully. You don't need another bad report at the BBB.

The OP never actually came out and said that. In fact, no one here really knows where the "phantom signal" originated. There's been a lot of speculation that it might be a DIYer. One of yours???

I do know one thing. My customers never get a "busy signal" when they call the office. I always answer my emails too. Oh.... I forgot... You "know" me well enough to say that I don't run a business.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Knowing and realizing the issues, as I say, it was up to the client. And my recommendations and client decisons, all documented.

Likewise there are occasions in my locale, when lightning will fuse contacts or scramble programing but leaving the panel and many components apparently, untouched. My recomendation ,on paper, is always to replace all components in the system and the clients decision not to, is noted. Then there are times when other items in the household are damaged and only a few contacts on the alarm system. This is when insurance kicks in and the client is then more aminable to complete replacement of alarm components to meet or justify the deductable.

Reply to
Jim

You know Roland you spend all that time typing yet say very little

1. Anyone can question the mother ships policy

1. The mother ship doesn't deal with panels that only she/it can program

2. The rest of it appears to sound like the mother ship pays everyone off to shut up, that part tells me you are full of shit

Reply to
Mark Leuck

This isn't true

Also not true

Which means that this also isn't true

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I hate to break it to you however you are still full of it on this story

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Both, it had something to do with a program called Dateline and a guy named Chris Hansen but I can't go into more detail cause I might get sued

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I'm sure it was quiet since I've been on vacation for the last 2 weeks and since you again didn't go into much detail in spite of a lengthy explaination there isn't much to comment on anyway, people can ask LIKE about all the details they want although it appears you are the only one here who seems to know what they are

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Monitronics doing anything to him for speaking of it

him squirm, pretending he fears retribution from someone

Gee RLB that sounds a lot like what you do here

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.