the police was dispatched to ... the wrong house

Speaking of making stuff up on the spot.

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

The desperation in your posts in this thread is palpable. This is the only thread in the Forum at the moment where your attempts at confusing the whole issue might enjoy a modicum of success. Fortunately, if you read this thread from the beginning most people will see through your rather childish attempts at flaming Mark. Not only does he *work* for a CS, he's got way better lookin' legs than you.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Evidently, my memory is faulty. Which room in your house served as your central station?

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

No they would not, assuming they received a test signal the night before or

5 minutes before it would not matter when they receive the alarm signal they HAVE to follow standard procedures, no central station rep (even yours) will go rummaging around signal history first before they get around to calling the customer at the phone number THEY have on record, if they do make contact the OP would have given his password and prevented a dispatch, since they DID NOT make contact they dispatched, they would have regardless of where the Caller ID came from, they are not there to make spot decisions which could later cause liability issues against the station.

You do understand this, you just won't admit it in the newsgroup

Reply to
Mark Leuck

That plus your integrity is nonexistent.

We bought a home from a doctor. The residence + office arrangement was perfect for our needs. Over the 18 years we were there I added a second office for me apart from the CS, a generator room and a home theater demo room.

Our central station was like Dolly Parton -- small but well equipped. We had two gensets (one permanent with auto-start and auto- transfer plus one manual start). I installed a mid-sized, 3KVA UPS to power the computers and office lighting.

The receivers (one 4-line unit plus a backup) had their own battery backup. Everything in the office plus critical circuits in our home were on the emergency panel. The second genset ran on gasoline and was only large enough for the CS office. In 18 years we never ran it except a few minutes a week to keep it lubed.

We started with BOLD central station automation software while most independent stations, including lots that were much larger companies than mine, were still using index cards and "account books".

Every critical hardware item in our CS had a backup that could be switched on and cut over within minutes.

You like to make snide remarks about my CS but it was well run, enjoyed a good reputation and made us a decent living for many years. My business also enjoyed something none of the large, nationals or even mid-sized, regional operations have. It was a family run business. I knew most of our customers by name and all of their systems very well because I designed them and in many cases helped install them.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Perhaps if you were in charge they'd still have screwed it up.

You see, that's where your ineptitude comes into play. You'd have received the test signal, ignored the erroneous ICLID data and done nothing to resolve the problem. With that kind of sloppy handling, I can understand why you'd still have sent the cops to the wrong house.

I was telking about a different kind of central station, one where management and staff actually try to spot problems before they become false dispatches and do something about them. That whole concept is probably as foreign to you as the idea that many DIYers can do as good as, if not better than, many paid alarm installers. Caring about quality makes a huge difference.

If they got the test signal and wrong Caller ID they would have notified the user and installer so that the erroneous alarm signal would not have been sent.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I would have dispatched as well, so would the central station you use

You resolve the issue after the call then in this case dispatch

The one that you used to run eh? The one that never made mistakes and the one you no longer own

I live in the real world not yours where your only desire is push equipment, you had a central station of dubious quality and you know nothing about how a real central station operates

Which user and installer? The ones sending on the other phone? Okay what do you do when you can't reach them?

And you can't reach the person at the address you have on record?

(I'll give you a hint, it's called a DISPATCH and you'd do it as well)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

And unlike a real central station wasn't licensed, UL listed and had no backup site

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Reply to
Frank Olson

No central station in CT was licensed. You're wrong about backup too. We weren't UL Listed but then neither were most central stations. In fact, the only UL listed station at the time in greater Hartford was not UL listed for burglar alarms -- only for fire.

So you're one for three. That's better than the 2 for 100 most central stations are batting. It never ceases to amaze me how morons like you are actually proud of your "achievements." You get it wrong

98% of the time and then you pat your- selves on the back like George W after he annihilates the English language in one of his imbecilic speeches walks away saying to himself, "Nailed it."

Now you're actually saying what a good job these idiots did sending the cops to the wrong address because they're too cheap to do daily tests and monitor Caller ID. Unbelievable!

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You Lie Mr. BAss.....You Lie........

Mr. BAss wrote:

Lie #1

"One card (2 lines in hunting) handled tests and O/C signals. Another card (2 lines in hunting) handled alarms. The 2nd alarm line "rolled over" to the test lines in case we ever had an overload. Such signals were extremely rare since we were never large".

Lie #2

"After a couple of years I bought BOLD from Bradley".

Lie #3

"I never had a CS in my garage".

Lie #4

"We bought a home from a doctor. The residence + office arrangement was perfect for our needs. Over the 18 years we were there I added a second office for me apart from the CS, a generator room and a home theater demo room".

Lie #5

"We had two gensets (one permanent with auto-start and auto- transfer plus one manual start). I installed a mid-sized, 3KVA UPS to power the computers and office lighting".

Lie #6

"The receivers (one 4-line unit plus a backup) had their own battery backup".

Lie #7

"Every critical hardware item in our CS had a backup that could be switched on and cut over within minutes'.

Mr. BAss you lie, you lie, YOU LIE!!!! You're so full of shit Mr. BAss.........

You had a 2 line receiver, with automation (BOLD no less), with a generator and a back up generator, and UPS.........

This is more like the truth Mr. BAss....

The Doctor's house you bought was a rental before you bought it. The doctor was dumping it to get rid of the property because it was in a bad area of West Hartford, Ct. An area full of "felons" and drug dealers. You fit in well as a "Felon". You also bought it under a Federal program to rehabilitate felons. You were a good fit for the neighborhood. The supposed central you ran was a dream and now you believe that dream, because thats all you have left in life.

You're such a "bullshit artist" Mr. BAss.........

Oh, and another lie Mr. BAss with referrence to your "Central Station"....... You wrote: "I sold it during my divorce". Quit dreaming......you lost it in your divorse.......... She cleaned you clock Mr. BAss....... Say it like it was.......

Have a great day Mr. BAss.......

Norm Mugford

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Norm Mugford

Even if you didn't do daily reports, Central Station software like Dice has reports for new CID.

Reply to
Just Looking

That was SOOOOooooo Nice!! LOL!

"Norm Mugford" a écrit dans le message de news: rciwi.8663$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews6.bellsouth.net...

Reply to
Petem

That I suppose says something for the quality of service in CT

that has nothing to do with being cheap, they did the job they were supposed to do and with or without daily tests and caller ID the outcome would have been the same

I can imagine what it would have been like if your central station had handled it

"Zzzzz...wha..? Honey the receiver didn't wake me up again!"

"Hey, the damn dog fell asleep on the peizo...no wonder"

"This phone number looks odd doesn't it? I'll check our records"

"HONEY WHERE'S THE ROLODEX?"

"NO ITS NOT ON THE DESK! I TOLD YOU NEVER TO MOVE IT, IT'S ALL OUR RECORDS!"

"Heck this alarm is over an hour old anyway...oh well.....Zzzzzz"

Reply to
Mark Leuck

It speaks more about your lack of knowledge of CT or my business.

It has everything to do with being cheap. You can't load the lines with as many accounts when you receive daily tests and open/close signals as when you don't. If you knew anything about running a central station you would know that.

They did the bare minimum and that allowed a situation which should have been corrected to continue until there was a false alarm. Not only that but they are still doing nothing to prevent a recurrence. This is so typical of a certain subset of the industry, including you. Do the bare minimum, make excuses, whine about costs and liability but above all else, NEVER fix a problem unless you can find a way to extort more money out of the client.

Wrong, as usual.

That's all you do. Imagine. What you don't do is look for ways to improve service or help customers solve problems.

Every once in a while we would get wrong Caller ID data from an account sending in a daily test. We'd call the number on file for the account to find out if they had made any changes. Sometimes it was due to a change in telco providers. More often it was due to a house being sold without the client remembering to notify us.

Because we did daily tests we would almost invariably catch the change before there was an alarm signal. If it was a changed phone number but the client was still there we'd enter the new number on his account. If it was a change of owner I'd offer our services to the new resident. If they didn't want monitoring I would program the system as a local alarm and then give them new codes so they could use the system. If they wanted monitoring, I'd stop by with a contract.

What we did not do was ignore the problem until a false alarm came in. I leave that sort of malfeasance to companies like Monitronics.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I take it that Leuck works at Monitronics? I have had some dealings with them in a peripheral way. They are certainly large and departmentalized, so much so that it is sometimes difficult to deal with one person that gets the whole picture. I don't think Monitronics supports independent dealers the way other contract central stations do. There doesn't seem to have been as much thought or effort on Monitronics' part put into that area of the market as other areas of Monitronics' go to market strategy. For example when using Monitronics' branded panels, only their software works for uploading and downloading. Real problems can occur when other entities (other than the dealer) can fat finger the program, and you can't go in there and check their work. Not being able to supervise the work of outfits like Monitronics directly can lead to nightmarish problems. I can't be too specific, but if Leuck works at Monitronics, trust me, he has more than a vague idea of what I am saying. In other words, there might be very concrete recent evidence that screwing the pooch happens to the best of us, even at Monitronics.

Reply to
Just Looking

Actually I would as I've dealt with all of our receivers which consists of SurGard 2000's, SGIII's, older MLR-2's Rad 6600's, ITI CS5000's and 4000's and a couple of old Silent Knights, but it has nothing to do with them dispatching on the OP's account

You don't know that, you have no idea what they did after the dispatch

This is so typical of a

So says the man who had a central station in his bedroom with no backup, no UL listing etc

I wouldn't know, why don't you tell us

Okay so you can't get a hold of them, then what? That after all is what happened in the OP's original message

The false alarm has already come in, it sounds tho like you'd do nothing

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Monitronics

Leuck does work for Monitronics, Leuck also has no idea what "concrete recent evidence" you are talking about

Reply to
Mark Leuck

As usual, you miss the point. It's not your knowledge of receivers that is so obviously lacking. You know nothing about *running* a central station. You're like the telephone company operator who spends her day routing calls but knows nothing about the business of the phone company.

Again, you miss the point. Had they done the right thing they could have helped the installer and the homeowner avoid sending the wrong account in the first place. I keep explaining how they could have found the error and fixed it before the false signal and you keep babbling about how they handled the alarm signal once it came in. That is so typical of you, Leuck. Instead of dealing with the facts which show that companies like your employer are negligent you focus on a side point which has nothing to do with the reason they screw up all the time.

I won't dignify the rest of your drivel with a response.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Your knowledge seems to be lacking on how many receivers and line cards the OP's central station has, in fact you don't even know how many accounts they service, or who the OP's original installer is/was, you don't know if he's setup to do daily test signals, you don't know what format he's sending on and you don't know for a fact they don't deal with Caller ID, in other words you only know a few sentences from a poster.

Oh yes, tell us all about your single receiver central station run out of your bedroom that wasn't UL listed and had no backup site

helped the installer and the homeowner avoid sending the

found the error and fixed it before the false signal and

No you miss the point, they would not have fixed the error before the false signal because the false signal WAS the error, they could not have helped the installer who is sending the signal from another residence until AFTER the dispatch because at that time with or without Caller ID they would STILL have to dispatch. And that is assuming the installer or DIY'er at the other residence who is sending signals even answers the phone. if they don't and the person who rightly has that account doesn't you dispatch and it sounds like thats exactly what happened.

you focus on a side point which has nothing to do with the

You are the one who changed the subject into daily test signals and free opening/closings for commercial properties not I

Well it's because you have none

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.