the police was dispatched to ... the wrong house

Robert L Bass spewed:

What "accusations" would that be?

Heh... Surr-rrre, Bass...

"Olson" has also never libeled you, so on this I agree, "he" would be a very "hard target".

Uh-huh... And your "Pappy" deeded you his house which you promptly mortgaged... So much for your "success" in business, eh??

Reply to
Frank Olson
Loading thread data ...

u mean rollin more?

Reply to
Kendog

Since I post on more than one computer in more than one location, using another name helps me to know which is which. I never thought anyone would think I was trying to obfuscate my identity or much less care for that matter.

If it is more than just about me be>

Reply to
Roland More

Roland,

Don't be surprised if he simply denies knowing anything about it. As to Monitronics doing anything to him for speaking of it (should he break pattern and speak the truth), that's his problem. Watch him squirm, pretending he fears retribution from someone posting here should he say anything.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Wouldn't it be nice if large companies like this one were more the genesis of a best practices for the industry to emulate instead of perhaps the best cover up? There is no real reason why it couldn't be the former and not the latter.

Reply to
Roland More

"Robert L ass wrote

While reading this I thought, yup, that pretty much describes you. You do know yourself well. js

Reply to
Buggs

Heh! I had the exact same thought.

Reply to
Frank Olson

reason why it couldn't

There is a reason and unfortunately it has to do with corporate greed. Rather than focus on quality and support, they concentrate all efforts on maximizing immediate gain. It has nothing to do with caring about customers' safety and security. The only goal is maxmum profit.

This is one area where the local, mom & pop alarm company has an opportunity to outdo the big guns in the industry. It's why little companies like mine (the ones at which jerks like Leuck snicker) can give better, more efficient service than corporate giants like Monitronics. The present thread is a perfect example. We used daily tests, open & close signals and Caller ID to alert us to developing problems *before* they caused a false dispatch. Leuck's company couldn't care less about such things. Small, customer oriented companies may not impact the profits of these corporate giants but we can and do beat them on quality and price every time.

Of course, that doesn't mean that *all* small alarm companies are better than *all* the corporate giants. There will always be a number of small outfits whose owners gouge clients at every opportunity. Jiminex is an example. He has boasted about that sort of thing in the past.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I've never feared retribution from you or anyone else for what I say. I say exactly what I believe. If you don't like it, feel free to whine.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

that make 3 of us..

Reply to
Petem

So speaks the man that lives behind a high fence and a big old iron gate.

A lot of "what you believe" you also "make up".

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
rabbid

Reply to
Jim

eal reason why it couldn't

Really?

You're so f****ng pitiful. There's not an accusation that you can make about anyone that you aren't already guilty of doing yourself. It's so f****ng funny how you can't prove a damn thing you say about someone. But all anyone has to do is follow your trail of burned bridges to shove any lie you tell, right up your ass.

Would you care to show me where I have "boasted" about "gouging" my clients?

Well, ..... perhaps you shouldn't bother looking.

You don't have enough time left to live, much less waste on looking for something that doesn't exist.

On the other hand ......

If you care to have me shove another of your lies right back up you dying ass ........ I have more than enough time to look up some of the posts about the price gouging YOU'VE been caught doing in the past and likely still do, on your two bit website.

Don't forget to check out any lumps.... you fat dying pig. It could be the fatal one that you miss.

Hey, did you ever think of donating your body to Kennel Ration or Cat Chow? Just think, you could keep a dog or cat alive for .... mmmmm jeeeeeze ...well over a year, I'd bet. Most of them LOVE the taste of hamburger and grease.

Reply to
Jim

Mr. BAss wrote:

"Were it not so I'd have taken Mugford down years ago when he started his crap".

Did you wipe, after spewing that crap Mr. BAss......

You Lie, You Lie, You Lie......

I'll say it again.....Any time you want to challenge my position, Go ahead Mr. BAss. You didn't have a leg to stand on when the State of Florida was at your door for monitoring without a license, and you don't have a leg to stand on now.

Buy the way Mr. BAss, how much money have you lost since you had to give up monitoring your DIY accounts? Did the State give you an ultimatum Mr. BAss?

You Lie Mr. BAss and you have always lied Mr. BAss..... Same Shit....Different day for you, Mr. BAss.

Knock, Knock......Mr. BAss

Next time, wipe before you spew.

Norm Mugford

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Norm Mugford

Hey there you mental midget, just HOW is the station operator to know the panel was moved? Or not? The operators HAVE to dispatch IF they get a code indicating dispatch is required. It is not the operator's job to identify the panel as having the wrong address.

At least it's clear to SOME of US. It's obvious that you're not part of that group.

Julian

Reply to
Julian

BULLSHIT! The DIY'er could do everything perfect - wire, install, program & test the alarm and then some days, weeks, months or even years later, someone (more than likely a DIYer) goes to put their account online and mistakenly programs the wrong account number, but the same as Mr. Perfect's account. Now when Mr. Wrong Account Number tests, he sends in a code for Mr. Perfect's panel.

What's the operator going to do? If it's a one man operation, then the operator has a chance to know what's going on and may be able to prevent a false dispatch. But if it's in one of the big megastations, then the operator who receives the bogus alarm signal from Mr. Wrong Account Number dispatches an alarm to Mr. Perfect's house because that is what's supposed to be done, since it's not the account on test.

So does Mr. Perfect know who's sending in these bogus signals on his account? NO! Can Mr. Perfect prevent this from happening? NO! Can Mr. Perfect stop it from happening? NO!

Who the FUCK cares? Oh yeah, NOBODY HERE!

Julian

Reply to
Julian

[sigh] You still don't get it. The point is to discover and resolve the problem *before* the alarm signal comes in. There are services a central station can provide using existing technology to avoid these problems. I've explained the proper procedure several times but it's apparently not getting through. Perhaps if you actually thought about what I'm saying rather than try to find something to argue about you'd actually learn something.

Hmm. Thought... Learning... Naah, scratch that.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Perhaps the CS DID call the premises. But if they call and noone answers what does a CS do? Dispatch.

The CS DID call the homeowner on his cell phone.

Julian

Reply to
Julian

You figure if he screws it up he won't know who did it? I guess after years of blaming all your own mistakes on some imaginary DIYer, you're accustomed to not realizing how much you screw up.

There you go again. Some say that something like

2% of the industry is DIY. The rest are "professional installations". Better than 98% of all alarms are false. Yet this moron blames all the problems on DIYers.

The proper *first* signal should always be a test signal. If the test signal comes in with the wrong Caller ID, the operator should call both the number on the Caller ID *and* the client that owns that account number to warn that there is a problem.

That's one more reason why a small, mom & pop alarm company can often do a better job than a company like Monitronics.

If it's a test signal, even a large CS can easily generate a trouble report which, if properly handled, results in the problem being solved *before* an alarm signal is sent. Again (in case you weren't paying attention) test signals are your friend. If you use them correctly they will tell you more than that the panel is out there and alive.

Apparently you care enough to yell and curse. It must have seemed important to you. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.