Scantronic/Arrowhead ScanPro downloader software

Hello, I am looking for the downloader software for a super old panel. It i s a Scantronic SC800 with a SK1l keypad. I have seen these branded as "Arro whead" as well. The software is listed as the "ScanPro downloader software" in the programming manual. There is very little info on this panel out the re, but I was hoping someone would have or know where I can get that softwa re. I can't find any record of it's existence except it being mentioned in the programming manual quite a bit. Let me know if you know anything about this software, or where I could find it. It would be super useful for progr amming this panel, as I'm sure most of you know that keypad programming is a pain sometimes.

Thanks!

Reply to
Rainbow_Dash_7x
Loading thread data ...

Didn't those use an EPROM burner?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

believe your right Bob...

Reply to
RTS

And if I dig really deep enough in my storage locker I actually have 2 or 3 EEPROM chip burners. Don't know the model numbers but they are there somewhere.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

The SC800 actually can be programmed from the keypad, downloader, or by copying the EEPROM from another panel. The chip programming isn't permanent an d can be changed repeatedly from the panel. I just want to find the software, I'll leave a link to the programming manual I am using.

formatting link

Reply to
Rainbow_Dash_7x

opying the EEPROM from another panel. The chip programming isn't permanent and can be changed repeatedly from the panel. I just want to find the softw are, I'll leave a link to the programming manual I am using.

Installation.pdf

Probably made for Windows 98, but here it is.

formatting link
/library/scanpro4.zip

Reply to
Innerpicked

rote:

copying the EEPROM from another panel. The chip programming isn't permanen t and can be changed repeatedly from the panel. I just want to find the sof tware, I'll leave a link to the programming manual I am using.

0_Installation.pdf

om/library/scanpro4.zip

Thank you so much, that is exactly what I was looking for!

Reply to
Rainbow_Dash_7x

by copying the EEPROM from another panel. The chip programming isn't perman ent and can be changed repeatedly from the panel. I just want to find the s oftware, I'll leave a link to the programming manual I am using.

600_Installation.pdf

I have a slightly older 3.03 version, that software requires DOS doubt if i t will run in Windows but worth a try

Why bother? That was a garbage panel when it was new

Reply to
mleuck

ote:

r by copying the EEPROM from another panel. The chip programming isn't perm anent and can be changed repeatedly from the panel. I just want to find the software, I'll leave a link to the programming manual I am using.

C1600_Installation.pdf

it will run in Windows but worth a try

I don't think it is that bad of a panel, only thing I can find wrong with i t is the programming is a little weird, hence why I want the software. Only other issue I'm running into is the modem has to use 2 stop bits, which no ne of mine do. I would like to try the older version to see if it would giv e me better luck. Where can I find it?

Reply to
Rainbow_Dash_7x

On Monday, December 14, 2020 at 3:32:42 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote :

it is the programming is a little weird, hence why I want the software. On ly other issue I'm running into is the modem has to use 2 stop bits, which none of mine do. I would like to try the older version to see if it would g ive me better luck. Where can I find it?

It's a 20+ year old design that was behind other panels in technology from the same era, ANY panel from the past 10-15 years is vastly superior

I assume you are trying this with a modern modem, the software requires a H ayes 1200 baud model 07000038 or a Motorola Fastalk 1200E external modem fr om the 1980's, any other modem will not work

Reply to
mleuck

te:

th it is the programming is a little weird, hence why I want the software. Only other issue I'm running into is the modem has to use 2 stop bits, whic h none of mine do. I would like to try the older version to see if it would give me better luck. Where can I find it?

m the same era, ANY panel from the past 10-15 years is vastly superior

Hayes 1200 baud model 07000038 or a Motorola Fastalk 1200E external modem from the 1980's, any other modem will not work

Yeah I'm trying with a modern one, will be getting a Hayes 1200 soon. And I did notice it was lacking a bit in features.

Reply to
Rainbow_Dash_7x

Why would it matter that a Hayes 1200 modem "was lacking a bit in features" "IF" it worked.

I use a Hayes Smartmodem 2400 all the time for a specific job of connecting to the panels I installed. Works all the time!!! If it suddenly stops I will swap in one of the spares I have ready to do the job.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

with it is the programming is a little weird, hence why I want the software . Only other issue I'm running into is the modem has to use 2 stop bits, wh ich none of mine do. I would like to try the older version to see if it wou ld give me better luck. Where can I find it?

from the same era, ANY panel from the past 10-15 years is vastly superior

s a Hayes 1200 baud model 07000038 or a Motorola Fastalk 1200E external mod em from the 1980's, any other modem will not work

nd I did notice it was lacking a bit in features.

I was referring to the Scantronic panel lacking in features, Hayes modems a re very high quality and last forever!

Reply to
Rainbow_Dash_7x

Well that's something completely different!!

Reply to
ABLE1

g with it is the programming is a little weird, hence why I want the softwa re. Only other issue I'm running into is the modem has to use 2 stop bits, which none of mine do. I would like to try the older version to see if it w ould give me better luck. Where can I find it?

y from the same era, ANY panel from the past 10-15 years is vastly superior

res a Hayes 1200 baud model 07000038 or a Motorola Fastalk 1200E external m odem from the 1980's, any other modem will not work

And I did notice it was lacking a bit in features.

ms are very high quality and last forever!

Hey Les,

I think what you mean is - - - - - what Roseannadanna would say

"Well then ------ Nevermind"

If you want to see some classic comedy just You Tube "Roseanna dana"

:->

Reply to
alarminex

ROFLMAO!!!

You are exactly right on that one!! I love Roseanna dana!!! Now I know what I will do for some entertainment tonight.

Thanks Jim,

Reply to
ABLE1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.