Recommendations for Alarm system in San jose/Sillicon Valley

Hi there

We currently have ADT alarm system but we are not very happy with it and want to change. any suggestions?

I came acorss BayAlarm and Guardian Alarm inc Do you have any reviews about the same

thanks

Reply to
Shree
Loading thread data ...

If its important, Bay Alarm is family owned and based in the bay area. You should call at least four or five companies and get written bids. Ask friends/family who they are using for their home security system contractor, call those companies and request written bids.

Good Luck, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

I've had numerous calls from unhappy Bay Alarm customers who've decided to replace or improve systems they received. Most complain of slow response and poor service. There have also been complaints here in ASA on occasion. The customer may or may not be affected by this, but the company has also been accused of operating illegally with a lapsed license for years. That matter has apparently been resolved as they now have a license.

Side note: As an online alarm retailer catering to DIYers, licensing isn't required of my company.

That is excellent advice. The OP should avoid "authorized dealers" -- independent contractors associated with any of the following national companies: ADT, Protection 1 and Monitronics. Also, stay away from Sonitrol. Those are among the worst.

Note, however, that ADT "corporate" (not the authorized dealers) has a good reputation.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

And all of this is good advice since it's coming from one of the most unscrupulous on line dealers.

Take a look at his BBB

formatting link

Reply to
Jim

thankyou for your reply Does anyone know about Guardian Alarm Inc?

All the people i know have ADT or Brinks and we are trying to move from ADT So i am looking for any reviews online. But now i am going to have multiple companies come out and give me written quote before deciding

thanks Shree

Reply to
Shree

Brinks uses proprietary equipment that cannot be taken over by anyone else if you are unhappy with them.

Any of the big boys will enforce/execute their contracts since their "free" installs are a loss leader so they have to keep you around for 3+ years to just break even.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Like... When do you ever answer the phone?? The BBB's had "numerous calls" about your crappy service too...

Uh--huh... And the BBB fields calls about your slow response and poor service...

Funny you should mention that... There have been numerous complaints about you here on occasion as well...

Let's see... You "started" your company in 1979 in CT and weren't licensed until 1989... Hey... At least Bay Alarm is still around. You shut your company down in 1996 to sell "online"... And it wasn't until about 2003 that you could actually start drawing a salary...

Check... Selling online is about the only thing left open to you seeing as how you'd never be able to get a license in Florida...

And while the OP's at it, stay away from Bass too...

Reply to
Frank Olson

The was an alarm manufacturer named Radionics that was located in Salinas. Ultimately Bosch purchased what was once Radionics. There are numerous Bosch dealers in your area. If you visit

formatting link
you could find a phone number to call to get a list of dealers that service your area.

Reply to
Just Looking

how does radx figure in this?

| > We currently have ADT alarm system but we are not very happy with it | > and want to change. | > any suggestions? | >

| > I came acorss BayAlarm and Guardian Alarm inc | > Do you have any reviews about the same | >

| > thanks | >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Just one method of finding a dealers in her area that she might find acceptable. I guess I could have said to call the ADI parts house and see who they recommend. But she might end up more unhappy with a "have trunk, will travel" type company. In our area there are (in my opinion) good BCSDs and not so good. When ever a customer calls Bosch, the factory rep has already let Bosch know who the good and not so good ones are in his or her area. The not so good don't get the referrals. I have heard there are more than a few great Bosch dealers in that area of the country, from smaller companies to big ones. But what was I thinking? I should have had her call DSC and see what dealers have technicians that can hand program a 1616 the fastest, right?

Reply to
Just Looking

Oh now i see...yes I used to get a fair amt of refs from Radx.

| >

| > | > We currently have ADT alarm system but we are not very happy with it | > | > and want to change. | > | > any suggestions? | > | >

| > | > I came acorss BayAlarm and Guardian Alarm inc | > | > Do you have any reviews about the same | > | >

| > | > thanks | > | >

| > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.