Brinks system, cancelled monitoring service, now no door chime that had before!

Hi all -

After being within a contract for 3 years, I just cancelled my Brinks home monitoring service.

My door chime feature no longer works? This is annoying to say the least, as my door chime feature worked *prior to* getting the monitoring subscription!

Is there any workaround to this?

Also, Brinks is saying (when I called them to ask about it) that the equipment isn't even mine. However, they also made no mention of picking it up!

? Just want my door chime back.... don't need the monitoring...

Any way to fix this?... Thanks! Kim.

Reply to
kimer
Loading thread data ...

Brinks is correct. They own the equipment. Whether they let you keep it in it's "degraded state" is up to them. Don't expect anything to "work" (they're under no obligation to you after you've canceled your contract). Their equipment is proprietary. You can't program it yourself (nor can another licensed dealer). Them's the breaks. Read and understand your contract terms before you agree to them.

This all may sound a little "harsh", but after seeing numerous people post into the group with the same idea I've sort of edited all the responses into a few succinct lines.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Read the instruction manual to turn the door chime feature back on - I don't think there's something in programming that they could have changed to restrict it's use.

And, yes you most likely do not own the system.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

After the panel exited program mode (which Brinks likely put it in so they could deprogram the reciever line phone numbers) the chime was deactivated. This was not malicious on their part that is just the way the panels operate. entering and exiting programmming mode will turn off the chime feature. I am betting that the panel is of the 'vista' type so all you have to do is enter your user code and the push '9'. likely the '9' button has the word 'chime' somewhere around it so if that's the cse then this procedure will get you your chime back. If this is not the case then you will have to dig around and find your user's manual.

Good luck.

kimer wrote:

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Reply to
Where's my WEBTV?

IF the panel has not been "killed", hit the options button TWO times and then enter your code....sheesh!!!! at least give the CORRECT info!!!

Reply to
BDEBJ

Options once = Auxillary Codes Options twice = Bypass Options 3x = Chime Options 4x = Memory Options 5x = Test

If you're go> IF the panel has not been "killed", hit the options button TWO times

Reply to
He's not white...He's PINK!

He may not be white, and he may be pink, But you are STUPID!

Go to brinks site:

formatting link
the button yourself and see what option it is.

See what you get for trying to show how big yours is? You showed how tiny it is. Try a strap-on, maybe you'll finally be the man you wish you were.

Reply to
Jen...tel

TRUST me, i know what the "FUCK" i am talking about!!!!! please don't be stupid........don't know where you get your info from, but YOU obviously need a new teacher!!!!!....i have corrected your message....please read it carefully so you don't give the WRONG info to someone else

Reply to
BDEBJ

Hey BDEBJ, you don't need to explain yourself. Im not even in the alarm business and it took me 10 seconds to find out what you said was right. Don't ya just love those idiot alarm guys who just have to be foul mouth to get their message accross and make their kachangas feel bigger and they turn out to be wrong! Why do alarm guys think their wrong answer become a more right answer if they use bigger and louder foul words. The only thing they are getting more right at is being shown as bigger and bigger idiots and jerks.

Reply to
Jen...tel

Is everybody else imagining Jen in a strap-on?

Reply to
mikey

Yup on the 3000's you're 1000% and I am 1000% wrong. Good job. Made me get up from the desk and pull the manual. My apologies. I'll return the shoe you broke off in my ass. Group hug time.

BDEBJ wrote:

Reply to

Like Duck in drag? Troll Season, Mikey. Ya gotta give kudos to BDEBJ tho. The guy caught me napping on the job, BIGTIME. Absolutely shameful that I'd forget the order. No excuses, just a royal f*ck up on my part.

mikey wrote:

Reply to

yep, you f***ed up, but I'd still like to see her in that strap-on

Reply to
mikey

Reply to

She's not a troll. I remember her popping up here years ago with an alarm venture of sorts. She struck me as talented and professional. I'm not sure what went awry or with the sexual orientation stuff but, well, there you go.. She's no dummy and I'm not sure why she has a shitty on for alarm dealers here. I remember most of us as liking her.

Reply to
mikey

The lesbo chick from Toronto, or someone else? If it's the Toronto vAgitarian she's a f****ng loon.

mikey wrote:

Reply to

I was thinking of her in leather chaps...with a whip

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Nope. Backless evening gown with spaghetti straps and black satin stiletto heeled shoes.

Reply to
Frank Olson

The way she moans every time she opens her mouth, I think she probably had it facing the wrong way when she strapped it on.

Reply to
Doug L

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.