Programming a Napco GEM-P9600 V9 E-Prom Attn Robert Bass

No GE panel can do it but I don't see any big deal when its super easy to manually set the clock on em

Reply to
Mark Leuck
Loading thread data ...

I thought they did it to make the panels compatible with DST in other countries besides the US.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

So does the new DSC 1832/1864...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Like DSC PC 5010 that doesn't have daylight saving time adjust or PC 5020 that will have it forever wrong from now on and no "fix" for it either.

One more thing to thank Canada for.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Yes, but it is still rotten Ademco, sorry I mean Honeywell stuff. Vista 250 FB is a prime example of the apex of hideous. Maybe the only large panel worse than that is the DSC 4020. I know there are lots of both types out there, but there are lots of rats and cockroaches out there too. It doesn't make either class any good.

Reply to
Roland Moore

That was quick. What are you using now, Russ? js

Reply to
alarman

So's DMP, there's GMT offset in programming and also option to sync with reciever time if desired.

| > Napco is way ahead of the pack on this. | >

| > -- | >

| > Regards, | > Robert L Bass | | No Honeywell is way ahead of the pack, unlike Napco and GE theirs is | adjustable | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Get a f****ng life. Jesus. js

Reply to
alarman

point, click, delete.

Reply to
spamo

I appologize for posting directly to Robert B. I didn't realize it was an issue to direct a question to someone on a news-group. I did speak with Robert yesterday of which we had a lengthy conversation. I haven't had a chance to get into the panel to reprogram it as of yet, but I hope to very shortly. I'm not sure where I went wrong with trying to adjust the time via keypad...but something went astray. I probably shouldn't have used the 6 digit master code duh...

Reply to
Sammi

Doesn't GE make refrigerators?

| >

| > | > I've got a GEM-P9600. Went to change the time using the keypad...in | > short, ended up disabling the entire alarm panel. DUH All zones are | > altered, nothing is recognized and the two additional keypads are now | > obviously not in the system. That's what you get when you use the 6 digit | > master code via the keypad?lol | > | >

| > | > ?so now I have to re-program the setup via laptop?almost impossible to | > do via the keypad!! | > | >

| > | > We are going to need a few cameras and other items. I hope to get hold | > of you within the next day or so for a few additional items. | > | >

| > | > ? Do you have at least an e-mail address, I didn't notice one from your | > site? | > | >

| > | > Once I connect the laptop?I've never used quickloader for windows?I hope | > it is a bit easier to use vs the keypad!! Do you have any advice? Probably | > easier to discuss this via the phone?but any pre-help would be great. | > | >

| > | > One thing that I've noticed is that the programming sheets (I've | > downloaded a variety of versions obviously) vary a bit. I'm assuming that | > the windows based utility is much easier correct? Since I do not have the | > pci mini as of yet?I've not looked at the software configuration. Is it | > intuitive? | > | >

| > | > How do I know which sheets to follow for my setup? I don't think I've | > found an older programming sheet that matches my setup. As mentioned, the | > E-prom is V9 and the keypads are two GEM-RP1CA's and 1 GEM-RP1CAe. | > | >

| > | >

| > | > Looking forward to doing business with you soon! | > | >

| >

| >

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Sammi

Reply to
Moe Szyslak

It's no major problem but Jim's point was that the conversation became a personal one rather than a newsgroup discussion. That happens from time to time.

When you do contact me and I'll try to assist.

Napco panels are a pain to program by keypad. Most professionals I know would rather use the software. It's just too easy to screw up by keypad. Fortunately, it's usually no trouble to correct them.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

On Mar 22, 5:28=EF=BF=BDpm, Sammi

Reply to
Jim

I imagine these days GE contracts that out

Reply to
Mark Leuck

That beats Bosch. You have to set a new date in option 13 and 14 on the schedule every year.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Yes, but not with clocks in the door.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Actually, you have nothing to apologize for. As has often been the case, this Newsgroup is the only way for Robert's customers to "vent" about the shoddy communication and the difficulties in trying to get after sales service. Why not find a friendly "local" alarm guy? The last time I saw a warranty with as many "conditions" as BH's, it was stuck on the side of an ADT panel. Check out his BBB report too. And for you all you guys making "nice" with the Basshole, "kiss my grits".

Regards, Frank

"Sammi"

Reply to
FIRETEK

Sad to say I don't have the brain RAM to deal with Radx stuff anymore...I have to set a Outlook reminder so I can find my sox in the morning.

The DMP receiver time synch works fine if your CS is the same time zone as the client, otherwise not! So I just use the GMT offset, and we are in the TZ (Twilight Zone) here...we don't spring forward or fall back..so it don' matta to us.

:-)

| >

| > | > Napco is way ahead of the pack on this. | > | >

| > | > -- | > | >

| > | > Regards, | > | > Robert L Bass | > | | > | No Honeywell is way ahead of the pack, unlike Napco and GE theirs is | > | adjustable | > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I'm down to the note saying "toes in first"

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.