Napco panel stuck in configuration mode?

Sorry if this shows up twice but the first post isn't visible so not sure if I missed a step.

Yesterday I managed to lock myself out of my GEM-P1664 panel. As it sits now, all of my kepads show "out of system" just like when you have the panel in Configuration mode. I can even access the keypad configuration. But I cannot get out of this mode. It's like the system is stuck in configuration mode. I have moved the jumper back and forth and powered down the panel for a few hours (battery disconnected as well). System remains in "out of system" status.

I've always done the programming via the keypad (yes, I know that's brutal) as I've never tracked down the Quickloader software. This weekend I was troubleshooting something and thought it was due in part to using multiple areas on the panel. I had two areas configured b/c I had disconnected zones and wanted them sitting in Area 2 to keep the keypads from only showing the disconnected zones. So I had all the functioning contacts sitting in Area 1 and the keypads in Area 1. So for troubleshooting I finished the disconnected zones and moved everything to Area 1. I noticed the keypads still had the "1" in the corner and thought I must have something lingering b/c I didn't think keypads showed any area notation when you were running a single area setup. This is where I botched it..... I went into the program for the keypads (1425 - 1430) and deleted the nib for the area. I had the 5 pads set to 1 but noticed the default was blank so I deleted it. When I exited program mode my kepads flipped over to "out of system" and I'm stuck now.

Is there a trick here that I'm missing? I don't want to start from scratch as it's a fair amount of coding. I did grab a copy of QuickLoader and have a PCI Mini getting shipped to me but I'm nervous that the software won't be able to connect either if the system is in this hung state.

Reply to
lay3r3
Loading thread data ...

Not knowing exactly what you've done I can't predict whether the quick loader will be able to "see" the panel programming or be shut out because it may sees the panel as being in the configuration mode.

I THINK that you have just programmed the keypads into a non existent area but not sure.

Once you get used to the Quickloader you'll never return to manual programing.

If responding just consolidate your posts to one thread.

Reply to
Jim Davis

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.