Product Placement

I always have fun trying to identify alarm keypads in the background on TV.

The other day I was watching a political spot on TV and saw my alarm decal on the door of the business the candidate was entering on TV. Just a little thing, but I thought it was neat.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

A few years back a son murdered his mother down in Awatukee...of course the news had to show my yardsign even though it was in the middle of the day when he did the dirty deed and the alarm wasn't on (the pd called me to ask for o/c reports..and other junk).

Remember the OJ trial? He had ADT sign in his yard.

| > The other day I was watching a political spot on TV and saw my alarm decal | > on the door of the business the candidate was entering on TV. Just a | > little thing, but I thought it was neat. | | | *That* has gotta be the best... Even better... When you can "buy the | movie" your system's in... :-)) | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I was subpoenaed to testify for the defense in a murder trial a few months ago. Guy was shot in the front doorway of his home, on the same street as one of my accounts. They wanted to know whether my system had been triggered during the month the shooting occured. I guess the defendants were claiming that the shooting was related to a recent burglary in the neighborhood, The infamous "some other dude did it" defense. What a shocker. It was interesting though. Two defendants, two juries, and four tables chock full o lawyers.

He was convicted. js

Reply to
alarman

I noticed a Westec sign in front of OJ Simpson's house

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Awhile back, the local TV station did a piece on thieves that were patrolling neighbourhoods at night looking for homes where the homeowner had left ground floor windows open for air. Towards the end of the news spot, they made the comment that alarms can't do what they are supposed to do unless the homeowner actually turns them on. Then the camera zoomed into the alarm decal on the window.....and ...surprise, surprise.....it was mine !

I didn't actually see the piece but I was told about it....

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

*That* has gotta be the best... Even better... When you can "buy the movie" your system's in... :-))
Reply to
Frank Olson

There's a really terrible Shannon Tweed movie that was shot here ( and how bad can a movie be with Shannon Tweed?) that shows her and some guy walking around to the back of this house and you get to see my signs a couple times; if you look close you can see the bell box that also has my sign and then you see the decal as they go into the back door. So far so good. Once inside you see her close the door and there is some piece of crap dummy alarm keypad from Radio Shack. It seemed that the movie company didn't like the Radionics keypad because it had red lights that went off and on or something so they pulled that an put the dummy keypad in place of it. What a zonk!

Reply to
<thesatguy1

Yah, I think you're right! The blue stuck in my mind.

| > Remember the OJ trial? He had ADT sign in his yard. | >

| >

| > | > The other day I was watching a political spot on TV and saw my alarm | > decal | > | > on the door of the business the candidate was entering on TV. Just a | > | > little thing, but I thought it was neat. | > | | > | | > | *That* has gotta be the best... Even better... When you can "buy the | > | movie" your system's in... :-)) | > | | > | | > | | >

| >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I thought OJ was a Westec customer?

Reply to
Russell Brill

Yep, if I remember right, one of their employees testified at the trial..........

Reply to
Russell Brill

Yah...Home Improvement (Tim the Toolman) has a black Broan/M&S Intercom on the kitchen wall.

| >

| > | > Remember the OJ trial? He had ADT sign in his yard. | > | >

| > | >

| > | > | > The other day I was watching a political spot on TV and saw my | > alarm | > | > decal | > | > | > on the door of the business the candidate was entering on TV. | > Just | > a | > | > | > little thing, but I thought it was neat. | > | > | | > | > | | > | > | *That* has gotta be the best... Even better... When you can "buy | > the | > | > | movie" your system's in... :-)) | > | > | | > | > | | > | > | | > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | > | | >

| >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Oh my God, we're all alarm nerds for SSSSSSSSure... :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.