systems. That is a business decision, like advertising. I

people browsing the web. It's a means to get people to

questions from DIYers and newbies. It's helpful but it

to do. Learning English is to the immigrant's

like that public schools offer ESL classes for new

propounded. Most of the people crowding city hospital

some are Hispanic, but that doesn't mean they're

everyone who doesn't look or sound like him *must* be a

Why don't you tell us what the world looks like through the eyes of a dead man?

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

According to the cited page, "He brought with him his wife, Felipa, and three children, 19, 12 and 8 ? all illegals. When Felipa gave birth to her fourth child, daughter Flor, the family had what is referred to as an "anchor baby" ? an American citizen by birth who provided the entire Silverio clan a ticket to remain in the U.S. permanently."

That is of course patently untru. The law makes no such provision for "anchor babies" and the family can be deported. It happens all the time. There have been news stories just recently of families beind deported despite the birth of an American child.

According to the above site, "I don't know if it will completely change their financial picture, but for those hospitals on the border, this is going to make a difference in ensuring they are there to treat the patients, not just the undocumented ones, but all the patients living in those communities"

One billion dollars is like adrop in the bucket compared to what Bush has wasted on Iraq, not to mention the billions of dollars it's going to take to treat tens of thousands of American soldiers -- all for the Bush ego.

Redneck, right wing website.

Frim the above, "Arizona will be getting $42 million annually for the next four years as reimbursement to hospitals for treating illegal immigrants."

So what are you complaining about? They got their federal reimbursement -- a dip in the pork barrel for the medical elite.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Precisely. That's why we need people like you to take the high road. You don't want to start sounding like Bass, do you? :-)

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

I have been puzzled by this post since I read it. Let me see didn't you say "tell be why they produce great airplane?" Well certainly that is not a universally accepted fact, but let's take that at face value and say it is so for discussion sake.You mean a single aircraft then? Where is it? Okay maybe a typo, a great aircraft company then? That could only mean Dassault? Right? Well it is a poorly keep secret that a Polish fellow (Kostia Rozanoff) as well as a big German influence (after World War II) had much to do with Dassault's sucess. Unfortunately it was more German input than anything else. If you want to pick a French strength, you might want to really skip (or goose step) over that one in the future. I can hardly keep a straight face here when you wrote "tell me why they have a pretty decent army?" The French have a decent army? You're going to have to help me here. How far back should we go? The Gallic Wars? Sorry, no winners on that ticket. The Hundred Years War? Nope, Not a big sucess. Italian Wars? Pretty ugly. France goes 0 for 2 with Italy. And Italy has not fielded a good team since Rome fell! The Thirty Years War? France played left out, but got its ass kicked anyway. The Dutch War tied as well as the War of Revolution. French and Indian War? Well I am not a French speaker so no. War of Spanish Succession? Lost. American Revolution? We won. France well, the British were still there. French Revolution? If you count kicking your own ass as a win yes. But only if you don't count the headless corpses left by Maximilien Robespierre and the Terror. The Napoleonic Wars? If you don't count inventing horse meat popsicles on the Russian retreat as a win then no, a big loss. Franco-Prussian Wars? Lost. World War I? A tie game that was saved by USA. World War II? Lost. Indochina? Ho Chi Minh got North Vietnam out of the deal and France got to go home. The Algerian Rebellion? Another Loss. I don't mean to be picky. We will say France has a great army. No one has ever seen it, or knows where it is, but I'll trust you that it is there. Not sure about this half of the country thing. I suspect you're not a big history buff so I'll help you out. President Thomas Jefferson in 1803 did purchase about 1/2 of the United States (what is now roughly 13 states) from France in this deal called the Louisiana Purchase. Then Lewis and Clark went on this big expedition. They don't mention much of this in Canada do they? In short France did actually have half the country, and then sold it to have enough money to fund an army to lose more wars. So your point is what exactly? Well the wine thing is really just an accident of geography. Grapes only grow well in certain climates and soils. Britain is too cold. They make beer instead from grain that grows well in their climate. Now if you said France makes great beer that would really be something. That was part of the reason for the 100 years war but we won't go into that now. The wall is coming fast? Okay, based on all of the solid information you've given so far I'll be on the look out for it.

"Petem" wrote in message news:TJ51h.100$ snipped-for-privacy@weber.videotron.net...

Reply to
Roland Moore

If you're speaking of me and the data lock thing, tell me where I stepped over the line. I'll gladly eat crow if I did.

Reply to
Roland Moore

their financial picture, but for those hospitals on the

treat the patients, not just the undocumented ones, but all

wasted on Iraq, not to mention the billions of dollars

for the Bush ego.

I see the thought process here, they aren't damaging the heathcare industry as long as the losses are below what is spent on the war effort, makes sense

Of course, they all are

four years as reimbursement to hospitals for treating

reimbursement -- a dip in the pork barrel for the medical elite.

As usual you make baseless claims you cannot backup

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I'm not pointing a finger at you because I never read your post. Roland allow me to enlighten you to the blatantly obvious. I am not the newsgroup police, and what I think is right or wrong to post means diddly dick in the great big scheme of things. This is not a moderated forum. It's just my belief that publically posting information that allows end users to alter their system regardless of whether or not they are under contract with a vendor is unethical, and irresponsible behavior from people who claim to offer SECURITY.

Roland Moore wrote:

Reply to
Everywhere Man

ws:

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Go to Google and type in French Victories. It will tell the whole story.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Thank you!

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Reply to
Roland Moore

Priceless!!!!!

Did you mean: french military defeats

No standard web pages containing all your search terms were found.

Your search - french military victories - did not match any documents.

Clicking on "french military defeats" goes to...

- Gallic Wars

- Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, an Italian. [Or at ths time in history, a Roman -ed.]

- Hundred Years War

- Mostly lost, saved at last by female schizophrenic who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare; "France's armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchman." Sainted.

- Italian Wars

- Lost. France becomes the first and only country to ever lose two wars when fighting Italians.

- Wars of Religion

- France goes 0-5-4 against the Huguenots

- Thirty Years War

- France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.

- War of Revolution

- Tied. Frenchmen take to wearing red flowerpots as chapeaux.

- The Dutch War

- Tied

- War of the Augsburg League/King William's War/French and Indian War

- Lost, but claimed as a tie. Three ties in a row induces deluded Frogophiles the world over to label the period as the height of French military power.

- War of the Spanish Succession

- Lost. The War also gave the French their first taste of a Marlborough, which they have loved every since.

- American Revolution

- In a move that will become quite familiar to future Americans, France claims a win even though the English colonists saw far more action. This is later known as "de Gaulle Syndrome", and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare; "France only wins when America does most of the fighting."

- French Revolution

- Won, primarily due the fact that the opponent was also French.

- The Napoleonic Wars

- Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule!) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer.

- The Franco-Prussian War

- Lost. Germany first plays the role of drunk Frat boy to France's ugly girl home alone on a Saturday night.

- World War I

- Tied and on the way to losing, France is saved by the United States [Entering the war late -ed.]. Thousands of French women find out what it's like to not only sleep with a winner, but one who doesn't call her "Fraulein." Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline.

- World War II

- Lost. Conquered French liberated by the United States and Britain just as they finish learning the Horst Wessel Song.

- War in Indochina

- Lost. French forces plead sickness; take to bed with the Dien Bien Flu

- Algerian Rebellion

- Lost. Loss marks the first defeat of a western army by a Non-Turkic Muslim force since the Crusades, and produces the First Rule of Muslim Warfare; "We can always beat the French." This rule is identical to the First Rules of the Italians, Russians, Germans, English, Dutch, Spanish, Vietnamese and Esquimaux.

- War on Terrorism

- France, keeping in mind its recent history, surrenders to Germans and Muslims just to be safe. Attempts to surrender to Vietnamese ambassador fail after he takes refuge in a McDonald's.

The question for any country silly enough to count on the French should not be "Can we count on the French?", but rather "How long until France collapses?"

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."

Or, better still, the quote from last week's Wall Street Journal: "They're there when they need you."

With only an hour and a half of research, Jonathan Duczkowski provided the following losses:

Norse invasions, 841-911. After having their way with the French for 70 years, the Norse are bribed by a French King named Charles the Simple (really!) who gave them Normandy in return for peace. Normans proceed to become just about the only positive military bonus in France's [favour] for next

500 years.

Mexico, 1863-1864. France attempts to take advantage of Mexico's weakness following its thorough thrashing by the U.S. 20 years earlier ("Halls of Montezuma"). Not surprisingly, the only unit to distinguish itself is the French Foreign Legion (consisting of, by definition, non-Frenchmen). Booted out of the country a little over a year after arrival.

Panama jungles 1881-1890. No one but nature to fight, France still loses; canal is eventually built by the U.S.

1904-1914.

Napoleonic Wars. Should be noted that the Grand Armee was largely (~%50) composed of non-Frenchmen after 1804 or so. Mainly disgruntled minorities and anti-monarchists. Not surprisingly, these performed better than the French on many occasions.

Haiti, 1791-1804. French defeated by rebellion after sacrificing 4,000 Poles to yellow fever. Shows another rule of French warfare; when in doubt, send an ally.

India, 1673-1813. British were far more charming than French, ended up victors. Therefore the British are well known for their tea, and the French for their whine (er, wine...). Ensures 200 years of bad teeth in England.

Barbary Wars, middle ages-1830. Pirates in North Africa continually harass European shipping in Meditteranean. France's solution: pay them to leave us alone. America's solution: kick their asses ("the Shores of Tripoli"). [America's] first overseas victories, won 1801-1815.

1798-1801, Quasi-War with U.S. French privateers (semi-legal pirates) attack U.S. shipping. U.S. fights France at sea for 3 years; French eventually cave; sets precedent for next 200 years of Franco-American relations.

Moors in Spain, late 700s-early 800s. Even with Charlemagne leading them against an enemy living in a hostile land, French are unable to make much progress. Hide behind Pyrennes until the modern day.

French-on-French losses (probably should be counted as victories too, just to be fair):

1208: Albigenses Crusade, French massacared by French. When asked how to differentiate a heretic from the faithful, response was "Kill them all. God will know His own." Lesson: French are badasses when fighting unarmed men, women and children.

St. Bartholomew Day Massacre, August 24, 1572. Once again, French-on-French slaughter.

Third Crusade. Philip Augustus of France throws hissy-fit, leaves Crusade for Richard the Lion Heart to finish.

Seventh Crusade. St. Louis of France leads Crusade to Egypt. Resoundingly crushed.

[Eighth] Crusade. St. Louis back in action, this time in Tunis. See Seventh Crusade.

Also should be noted that France attempted to hide behind the Maginot line, sticking their head in the sand and pretending that the Germans would enter France that way. By doing so, the Germans would have been breaking with their traditional route of invading France, entering through Belgium (Napoleonic Wars, Franco-Prussian War, World War I, etc.). French ignored this though, and put all their effort into these defenses.

Thomas Whiteley has submitted this addition to me:

Seven year War 1756-1763 Lost: after getting hammered by Frederick the Great of Prussia (yep, the Germans again) at Rossbach, the French were held off for the remainder of the War by Frederick of Brunswick and a hodge-podge army including some Brits. War also saw France kicked out of Canada (Wolfe at Quebec) and India (Clive at Plassey).

Richard Mann, an American in France wants to add the following:

The French consider the departure of the French from Algeria in 1962-63, after

130 years on colonialism, as a French victory and especially consider C. de Gaulle as a hero for 'leading' said victory over the unwilling French public who were very much against the departure. This ended their colonialism. About 2 million ungrateful Algerians lost their lives in this shoddy affair.
Reply to
coord

End users post questions here asking how to alter their system, and rather than be referred back to the installing company they receive replies from "industry members" with all kinds of advice. Some of the answers are from people who know what they are doing, and some are from people who don't. Now we have an end user putzing around with receiver #'s, account #'s, and zone types based on a combination of good and reckless advice posted by those industry members who want to show the rest of us just how smart they are, or to make a sale, regardless of risk. It's like playing truth or dare with the lives of end users. There only has to be one mistake to cause a catastrophe but never let that stop some here from their usual ego driven information parade. Integrity? What's that?

Roland Moore wrote:

Reply to
Everywhere Man

I can confirm this is classic Graham Morgan behavior. He used to call me, usually in a drunken stupor, and tell me all his problems as well. I tried to be nice to him but (as he did to the prior poster) he attacked me publicly when he thought it would earn him some kind of points with the lowlifes who infest this newsgroup. This is true to form for Morgan.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

It really depends on the user. Some folks are DIYers who are willing and able to master this stuff. Others (most folks, probably) are not. I teach end users to install and program security systems all the time. Some choose simple systems like the Vista-20P because it's so easy to set up. Others take on advanced home automation systems like the ELK-M1G. Some DIYers I know hang out in another newsgroup, discussing ways to design their own lighting controls. One fellow bought a Napco P9600 from me a few years ago and then went on to write a program called HomeSeer. It's one of the more popular home automation platforms being sold online.

The reality is that probably 90% of all alarm users will rely on their alarm company to handle everything except arming and disarming their systsms. However, for a significant part of the population, there are other options. Some day you might even want to address that part of the marketplace. I have and it's a very good business though like anything else it can be a challenge.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Pot.... kettle... etc.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I think I sent my response on this to your email instead of alt.security.alarms by mistake. Catch it there. Don't know how to get it back over and don't feel like re-entering it.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

like everywhere man said you sum it up..NOT...

You look only at the past,when I speak of now

the airplane I am talking about are there fighter for there army,ok they are not as good as yours,but they are still second best how many country can say that? and how many country do have know how on build fighter plane?yup I was talking about Dassault

when you talk about the know how coming from somewhere else,fine you got it,but who are you to say that's its not ok to do so,when you used German engineer and scientist to build some of your greatest achievement after WW2? who is Von Braun?

formatting link
For the Atomic bomb we all know where the know how came from..scientist that fled Europe....

so don't give me crap about know how here...

About the army...

In the last 50 years USA even if there the almighty one didn't do much also,who won against the small country called Vietnam? and in Irmak right now..don't tell me you are winning!

the Indochina war that France had fought,was no pleasure party and they did won a lot of terrain there,then they decided that it was no use to continue cause the Vietnamese where fighting in a guerrilla type war and that there was no way to win this kind of war,they understood and left,some lost a lot in less years there,and still left....

But let ask this question,if France was so dumb why did they had close to half of Africa under there control for a pretty long time? they must have been able to do some correct stuff? But that you don't recall...its not helping your triad...

they have 134000 man (not counting civilian that work for them)just in the standard army,not counting the air force and the marine force... that's not a small army for a country that is more on the resolution of trouble that on the creation of it..

And you make me laugh about Lewis and Clark ,have you ever learned anything in school about some guys named Lafaillette?LaSalle?Joliet?they were exploring the country way before Lewis and Clark were even born...

Now lets be clear about wine,does grape only grow in France?in know that a big part of south Germany is at the same level as France and have the same type of climate and soil,the same for north of Spain and Italy,I must say that they do make good wine in Italy but not at the same level then France,about Beer,the best beer are from Belgium,England do make good beer,Bass beer is very good(too bad that its not the same thing when it comes for some here that have the same name) ,but just here we do as good,in fact a small company named Unibrou ( now part of Sleeman) won a lot of contest against all those great beer maker,look like making beer is not rocket science...but still I prefer beer over wine,especially if they are from a microbrewer from here...

And about looking about the wall that is coming ,just look straight in front of you wont miss it..

"Roland Moore" a écrit dans le message de news:

4vX1h.366$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.texas.rr.com...
Reply to
Petem

Hardly, it doesn't take much to realize that many of the between 12 and 20 million illegal aliens will require hospital care at one point or another

You in Florida don't have to deal with it however they have caused many emergency health care centers in Texas, New Mexico and Arizona to close along the border towns

Reply to
Mark Leuck

So will you at some point. So what?

Wrong (as usual). We have millions of immigrants in Florida. We also have tens of thousands of homeless Americans. They don't pay for hospital treatment either. Should we deport them as well?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.