Press "1" for English

But the Mexican families that DIDN'T move after the war should suddenly change their lifestyle to suit ours? Let me see if I can understand this. If Red China conquers the U.S. we should all start speaking Chinese? Should all signs in english be removed from stores, airports, hospitals, etc in non-english speaking countries? When Texas was part of Mexico did the American immigrants assimilate to Mexican lifestyles or did they revolt? Did all Americans legally enter Mexico in the 1800's or did Mexico get flooded with Americans entering their sovereign nation, taking their land, taking their money, and sending it back to family in the States? Pot, kettle, black.

Now where unions come into play regarding today's immigration issue is simple. Union employees are lazy and drive the up the cost of living with their charity compensation packages. Unions demand breaks, benefits, holidays, wages, etc. The only thing unions don't demand is productivity. Business owners here have been held hostage by unions and if the opportunity to circumvent unions is available then that road will likely be travelled. Bus drivers earning $80,000 per year is vile. I recall a recent thread where you discussed what you expected from an employer as an alarm installer. You want a 40hr work week, company vehicle, overtime, health, dental, life, etc. When that overtime is caused by an installer dragging his heels, or the emergency service call is caused by an installer error what should the employer expect? When the installer doesn't produce 100% the employer doesn't earn 100%. Lack of production costs an employer and that cost gets passed down to customers sooner or later. Now when skilled people want a job, and will work their asses off regardless of how long it takes to complete the job and STILL thank the employer for the job then that person is more apt to get hired. Sadly the union mentality in this country has made the workforce lazy. Employers have to look elsewhere fo manpower. Americans are expecting a

40hr week job to be a financial homerun for them when previous generations understood it took hard work, moonlighting, and sacrifices to ultimately prosper in this country, What is wrong with this country is not the men and women from other nations coming here to work. It's the men and women of this country believing they shouldn't have to work. Employers, and the self-employed in America are the only ones left here that understand that. We break our asses day in and day out to get to where we are, and don't take too kindly to employees always expecting more. This is a country that is made up of people who EXPECT a Xmas bonus.

Bonus:

n=2E, pl. -nus=B7es. Something given or paid in addition to what is usual or expected.

A sum of money or an equivalent given to an employee in addition to the employee's usual compensation. A sum of money in addition to salary that is given to a professional athlete for signing up with a team. A subsidy from a government to an industry. A sum of money paid by a government to a war veteran. A premium, as of stock, that is given by a corporation to another party, such as a purchaser of its securities. A sum of money that is paid by a corporation in excess of interest or royalties charged for the granting of a privilege or a loan to that corporation. Basketball. An additional free throw awarded to a player who has been fouled when the opposing team has committed more than a specified number of fouls during a period of play.

Nowhere does it say REQUIRED yet if an employer doesn't pay a Xmas bonus he's called cheap, lowlife, scumbag, whatever you choose to call him. Maybe that employer couldn't afford the bonus because his employees didn't PRODUCE enough.

We are in a country where even the youth are told that they are worth more than $8.00 an hour in the workplace. None of them want to work their way to the top. Everybody feels their kid is a genius and deserves to go to college. When you want to talk about a f***ed up country take a look here first. Not every kid is a genius. Some kids were meant to grow up and sweep floors. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh but they won't sweep floors because they were told they are geniuses. OK so now who the hell do we get to sweep the floors? Who is going to wipe the old lady's ass in the nursing home? Who is going to pick the oranges? Who is going to clean motel rooms, bake pizzas, or bus tables? The answer from America is NOT ME OR MY KID.

Well guess what........ the floor still needs sweeping. The sheets need changing, and the lettuce needs picking. If you don't want the job for what I can afford to pay then I am looking elsewhere.

So if you have a problem with Mexicans coming here taking away jobs then instead of bitching about it grab everyone who thinks like you and run your asses right down to Denny's and take that dishwashing job about from Raul. Then mosey on over to the Super 8 and tell Guadalupe you are taking her job changing sheets. And in your spare time make sure someone tells Francisco that his electrical skills at $20 an hour are no longer required because you are American and willing to work for $20 an hour as an electrician.

The problem isn't trying to stop the flood of immigrants (legal or otherwise) it's trying to find a vehicle big enough to import their whole damn country here so some shit can get done because frankly I am sick & f****ng tired of Americans whining about immigrants when that is what makes this country great.

And if you have a problem with someone who no speakies then send them and their wallet my way.

Too bad they don't speak English or I'd hire the whole damn lot.

The rest of this country should learn to speak French because we've just like the lazy frog bastards.

Reply to
Everywhere Man
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Too bad you still haven't learned the language Tom :)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I was going to say the same thing! ;-)

Reply to
G. Morgan

Oh come on Tom... This happened 5 generations ago. The US took the land and that is that. You act like Manifest Destiny is a bad thing. It's survival of the fittest, and it's been going on for 25,000 years. When a land is taken the people are assimilated. Yes, after a war the next generation of survivors are expected to assimilate. You mentioned the Native Americans not being the original inhabitants of present day USA, (which I have not been able to verify), since you claim that they came from the Aleutian Islands (which is not in Asia BTW) why don't you speak Aleut?

Tom, this is really very simple, and it's not just a union thing - it's employer vs. employee.

When I choose to go to work for someone I am pretty much giving up any hope of getting rich. In exchange for my loyalty, you have to agree to pay a comfortable wage - and provide benefits that are necessary for everyday living.

Overtime is not a union rule, it's based on state law. It's meant to keep tyrants like yourself from exploiting workers.

Why shouldn't you provide a company vehicle? I'm driving to YOUR jobsite. From what I understand, parking in your city at the jobsite would cost me a half-days wage -- I guess I should pay that too?

All these things are the cost of doing business and should be included in your markup. These are not luxury items. Like I told Bob, if I wanted your headaches, I would start my own business.

That's fine. I never expect a bonus, when it's given I truly appreciate it.

Does that apply to your newborn? Is your kid going to sweep floors if he turns out to be a nimrod? Nahhh... you will have told him everything you just wrote above. And if he DOES turn out to be a half-wit, you'll give him a job at 24/7 in management, no less.

Yeah.. You and I are paying for the illegal's children's education, healthcare, food stamps, social programs, and oh yeah-- prisons & jail occupancy, but that is great. You know that 25% of your health care premium is paying for illegal's, right? You see a small picture, like most republicans. What's good for your wallet at this moment is all that matters.

Send down the busses, you can have them all.

You can't, they are not eligible to work here.

Seems to me you've reverted to a plantation owner.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Reply to
Everywhere Man

The reason unions exist is that some employers are out to screw their employees so they can put more dollars in their own pockets. Maybe not you, but some employers are definitely like that.

God damn those greedy employees for wanting things like overtime and health care! How the hell is the company owner supposed to afford his new Mercedes if he has to pay for crap like that?

Why is there a minimum wage? Because some employers would like to pay their employees less. Why do businesses hire wetbacks? Because they work cheap and don't complain. And if they do, an employer can fire them and get replacements easily.

Unions do go too far sometimes. I think there has to be a balance of power between unions and management: when management gets too much power, the employees get screwed, and when the unions get too much power, productivity suffers and the employers get screwed.

- badenov

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Reply to
Everywhere Man

I'd ask if they have a quantity discount

Doug

Reply to
Doug

I'm glad I waited to come back from the store for my reply to the other message.

Now I don't have to.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Reply to
Roland Moore

I know you're in TX.

Let's get together, you're a f***in' riot!

Email me you d*****ad

Reply to
G. Morgan

The difference is, Your parents learned English and were assimilated into the culture of this country. The present day Hispanics will take two, three or more generations to learn English if they can push two to hear it in Spanish .... if the kids are taught in school in Spanish. If they can get their bills in Spanish. If all the signs are written in Spanish. The longer they take to be assimilated into the culture the more the culture that they came here to live in will be the very culture they wanted to get away from.

Even with past immigrants, who came here, it took at least a generation for them to learn English and a number of more generations to be accepted by the culture. How long did it take for the Irish and Italians to be integrated and accepted? Three? Four? Five generations? And there are still hard core prejudices today.

The Hispanics want to come here and enjoy our prosperity compared to where they live now. Our nation has always prided itself on welcoming people from other countries and cultures .... but it was with the intention that they embrace our culture and become part of the melting pot that has helped make our country what it is, not to isolate themselves from it.

By allowing them the option of not speaking english, it will change our

culture (in the Hispanics case it's mainly because of the mere masses that they have been illeagally allowed to populate this country) and it will segragate and keep them out of the main stream of our society, set them up to be second class citizens which will actually limit their ability to achieve the prosperity they came here for.

The way it is now, they want every thing they had in their native country but they want it with all the benefits.... by living off of the people who've lived, worked and cultivated this culture for generations.If they had to go through the process of integration over a generation or two .... thats the price they have to pay .... and they'd pay it for their children just like your parents did.But, because of the liberal, far left do-gooders and organizaions like theCommunist ACLU, who think that Freedom is free to anyone who says they want to come here, they''ve been led to believe that it's their right to be here and have what it's taken other immigrants who came here LEGALLY ...generations to achieve and that they can have it ..... NOW!

Reply to
Jim

Hey Jim. Nice to see you today Mr. No Show at the Alarm Show. I swear if you tell me another vacation story I'll crap in your milkbox.

European immigrants didn't have huge hurdles to clear to enter the U.S. A stop at Ellis Island and off they went. Imagine if we had stopped the flow of Europeans like we are trying to stop the flow of Mexicans and South Americans. European immigrants were also a huge drain on this nation's economy. One need only think of the NY gangs extorting businesses as one example. Many European immigrants didn't speak English and didn't allow their kids to complete school. European immigrants were heralded for overcoming the same adversities that Mexican immigrants are being chastised for. Open more immigration hubs like Ellis Island so we can track who is coming in. I'd hate to think we might turn away a child who could one day grow up to be a scientist finding a cure for cancer, or some other miraculous discovery because his parents escaped here. All of these so-called "patriots" have lost sight of the very foundation of America. They're just bitching for the sake of bitching. Even the fact they get paid off the books doesn't mean they don't contribute. The business owner paying them off the books still has to claim the money he pays them as his own income and that is taxable. When they shop in our stores they pay sales tax. They are not this gigantic drain on the economy these numbnut hillbillies accuse them of being. They want to end the politically correct talk and shoot straight? OK let's do it. The same fuckwad southerners whining about Mexicans stealing their jobs are the same ones who bitched about how Israel and jews control America, blacks getting everything from the government, and asians are all sneaky. They are for the most part extremely uneducated trailer park wackjobs who buy David Allen Coe albums, talk about being saved by Jesus, send

10% of their money to bullshit preachers, spend more money on firearms than they do on furniture, and think the corner Aye Rab is plotting to bomb their town's Piggly Wiggly. Love thy neighbor only applies if the neighbor is a cousin. They are the first ones to preach "the Lord's word" asking if you believe in Jesus Christ and Believer's Baptism yet don't practice the religious nonsense they babble. You can't call them racist because they are too f****ng stupid to know what racist means, and you can't say they are losing jobs to Mexicans when they had no damn job BEFORE the border jumpers arrived. Let them stand at the border with their guns. At least it will keep them off the barstools.

-They came here for several centuries for the same reasons - freedom and hope -- and then a Frenchman created a statue that embodied their hopes and dreams. And it embodied America's promise as well.-

"Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to be free..." THE STATUE OF LIBERTY

Yes they should learn English but I'm not going to alienate the wallets of those who don't. Our city would be a mess if we didn't have them wouldn't it?

Jim wrote:

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Oh great. First, the wetbacks invade our country. Now, we're supposed to work cheaper than they do? God bless the free enterprise system, where everybody enjoys really low prices because the workers get paid five bucks an hour. Hell, that doesn't even pay for English lessons.

Oh, man, are you asking to get nailed to the cross. You don't have the right to pay installers a salary. Federal and state law says that type of employee is entitled to overtime pay. Many big companies have been caught recently trying to claim their manual laborers are actually managers, and therefore exempt from overtime. The penalties include back pay for all the hours you didn't pay them for, plus the back payroll taxes you didn't pay on those wages. Plus penalties and interest, of course.

After which, he'll inherit Daddy's business, and live happily ever after.

I don't blame the wetbacks for coming here. If I were a Mexican, I'd be a wetback, too. I blame us for letting them in.

The real problem is greedy bastards who are willing to hire the cheapest non-speaking aliens they can find, at the lowest wages they can pay, all to put a few extra dollars in their own pockets. Take care of the Americans first! Then, and only then, do you start importing wetbacks.

Look at the long-term consequences of illegal immigration from Mexico. We get cheap labor now, and fruit prices remain low. But in the long run, we are importing a bunch of poor, unskilled people, who breed like rabbits. We will eventually become a third world country. This is not about accepting a relatively small number of skilled immigrants who want to assimilate into our society. This is about being invaded by an army of the poor, whose children automatically become citizens. America is changing, folks, and it won't be for the better.

- badenov

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Wow that one's right out of the RLB "If it helps just one child" playbook Tom, using that logic lets just let em all in

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Being in the middle of a Department of Labor audit at the moment means that my attention has been focused on some of these issues posted here. Rather than guess about salary issues it is easy to go to the DOL web site and see the whole video from Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao. It is clear that folks making less than $23,660 per year or $455.00 per week are "guaranteed" overtime protection.

formatting link
are other rules that apply to folks making less than that amount to see if they past the "salary" test. Unless you know his pay structure I don't think you can make a blanket statement about what his liability might be if any. There may be conflicting state laws to contend with as well. Unless you are willing to try and parse out a statement like the one below off the same site I wouldn't even pretend to know what "findings" might be made.

Multiple regression analysis is a statistical tool for understanding the relationship between two or more variables. Multiple regression involves a variable to be explained - called the dependent variable - and additional explanatory variables that are thought to produce or be associated with changes in the dependent variable. For example, a multiple regression analysis might estimate the effect of the number of years of work on salary. Salary would be the dependent variable to be explained; years of experience would be the explanatory variable. Multiple regression analysis is sometimes well suited to the analysis of data about competing theories in which there are several possible explanations for the relationship among a number of explanatory variables. Multiple regression typically uses a single dependent variable and several explanatory variables to assess the statistical data pertinent to these theories. In a case alleging sex discrimination in salaries, for example, a multiple regression analysis would examine not only sex, but also other explanatory variables of interest, such as education and experience. The employer-defendant might use multiple regression to argue that salary is a function of the employee's education and experience, and the employee-plaintiff might argue that salary is also a function of the individual's sex.

All of this to protect the little guy? I think this is just another federally sponsored attorney enrichment program.

Reply to
Roland Moore

"Everywhere Man" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@f16g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

well if the french speaking poeple are such a bunch of lazy frog bastard's tell me why they are the only country that can send sattelite in orbit with better result thent the american..? tell be why they produce great airplane? tell me why they have a pretty decent army?

if france would have 1/2 of the country you have,they would beat you just by farting after taking a good lunch of good wine and cheese..

speaking od wine,why did they produce wine for the last 300 years that were thw best in the world?they were the one that developed the know how on wich your country trive to produce your wine...

Stop being a damn stupid racist ass hole,your not that best in the world on all count,maybe you were said so,to help raise the spririt,for all your wars...but start looking over your shoulder,since Reagan you came from being the biggest money loner contry,to that one asking the most...

be carefull the wall is comming fast...

Reply to
Petem

by

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.