SPRINT NEXTEL Reports Second Quarter 2009 Results
- Year-to-date Free Cash Flow* of almost .5 billion; cash balance of .6 billion after retiring all of 2009 senior note maturities; total liquidity of .1 billion
- 18 consecutive months of improvement in Customer Care Satisfaction and First Call Resolution
- Achieved new best-ever network performance metrics
- Highest reported number of prepaid net additions by any U.S. carrier in three years
- Successful launch of the award-winning Palm Pre - showcasing 'a new Sprint'
The company's second quarter earnings conference call will be held at8 a.m. EDT today. Participants may dial 800-938-1120 in the U.S. or Canada (706-634-7849 internationally) and provide the following ID: 15280281, or may listen via the Internet at
OVERLAND PARK, Kan.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sprint Nextel Corp. (NYSE: S) today reported second quarter 2009 financial results that included consolidated net operating revenues of $8.1 billion, a net loss of $384 million and a diluted loss per share of 13 cents. The company generated Free Cash Flow* of $676 million in the quarter and $1.5 billion in the first half of 2009. As of June 30, 2009, the company had $4.6 billion of cash and cash equivalents and $1.5 billion of borrowing capacity available under its revolving bank credit facility, for a total liquidity of $6.1 billion.