5020 Partition Help Needed

DSC 5020 panel with 40 zones. Office building with 4 different areas partitioned. Some people needed access to 2 different partitions so I set up two partitions with the zones of the two they needed. This doesn't seem to work. They either don't understand how to arm/disarm or I didn't do something right. I also put all zones on one partition so they could disarm or arm everything with one action. I think this might have been a bad idea and should go back to 4 separate partitions and instruct the customer to arm and disarm each one individually. They disarm the main partition and the other ones show armed but nothing gets tripped since the "main" partition is off. Need suggestions/help. Customer is upset and I want to resolve quickly. Thanks!

Reply to
J P Shull III
Loading thread data ...

Just keep it simple and set it up as 4 individual partition, it will never work with a PC5020, the closest thing that can do this is with a PC4020 with keypad setup as global.

Reply to
A.J.

Go back to individual partitions with a separate keypad for each partition, anything else will almost certainly cause confusion for the customer and a recurring problem for you. If you have assigned zones to multiple partitions, every partition that a zone is assigned to must be armed before the zone will respond.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.