Partition set up with DSC panels

Newby question on best way to set up 2 partitions, here is the situation:

House with a basement suite. House will be on partition 1, suite will be on partition 2. The suite and house share a common entry area in the basement. Im considering the DSC 832 or 864 panel but havent bought anything yet.

As I understand it, if I put the common area zone on both partitions it will only trip if both partitions are armed (am I right here). Is there a way to set it up that if the common area is tripped and either partion is armed either partition code can be entered to disarm?

Everything is still in the planning stages so Im not adverse to adding extra keypads or sensors if needed to make this situation work the best way possible.

Thanks for the help Gary

Reply to
gepeacock
Loading thread data ...

You could use either panel depending on the layout of the entry area. If, in the entry area, there are seperate doors leading to each of the suites, leave the outer door uncontacted and contact each of the inner doors leading to their respective suites providing keypads at each door.

If there is not doors leading to each of the suites, then I would recommend an 864 with 3 partitions which the outer door is par-3. I have tried the common zone setup with an NX8 (for pool alarm sounder because the builder didn't want a real one) with little sucess.

Just remember to program both master codes into par-3 so your customer's don't have to remember more than one number..... everyone wants the world on a plate for a penny these days....

Hope this helps.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
S. Smith

The Paradox Digiplex has excellent partitioning flexibility. There are no 'common' zones. Instead you program a partition to arm following another partition arming. Example, arm partition one, the house and if ready, partition three, the garage, will also arm.

For a 'common' zone type of situation with two private areas and one common area, each area is programmed to its own partition. Then program the common area to arm ONLY if BOTH private areas are armed. The common area cannot be armed directly, it only arms/disarms based on the arm/disarm status of the private areas.

I've used this and other variations to solve multiple user problems with 100% success.

There are a myriad of partition programming possibilities with the Digiplex and DSC has no comparable panel.

Julian

Reply to
julian

The paradox panel sounds great but Im not sure where to find it quickly.. (Vancouver BC) I have a supplier who is willing to sell me the DSC with full programing manuals and software so its looking like a good option.

If I do get the DSC 864 and set up the common area as a third partition can would I have to arm/disarm both partitions (punch code in twice) or how does that work?

Thanks for the replies Gary

Reply to
gepeacock

Paradox is available only at Burtek.

formatting link
They have an office within "spittin' distance" of Tried. I like the "Air Miles"... :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

If you have a supplier - I'll assume it's not Tri-Ed - who will supply you with the panel & manuals, why don't you ask him/her about the capabilities and functions of the panel/keypad?

Not that this is the wrong place to ask questions, but why would you want people's opinion from the NG? You have a resource you're not using.

Julian

Reply to
julian

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.