Sattelite Broad Band Wireless Set Up

Hello i have just installed bt's sattellite broadband (due to location) it is working perfect. Now i want to split it to my office out side my house the office is a small portacabin about 40ft fromt the room i already have the broadband in. It is in direct line of site there is nothing in the way only the window of my room.

1: Do standard dsl routers work on the sattellite ? 2: What is my best way of sharing and transfering to the office cabling is not an option? 3: Can anyone name me a good make and model of router and laptop card to suit my situation (yes it will be my laptop in office)

Any help will be much appreciated

Reply to
Looney Tunes
Loading thread data ...

No

How does it connect to your PC at the moment? ethernet or USB or what?

Yes when the previous answer is known!

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

Reply to
Looney Tunes

if it terminates in ethernet the you *should* be able to use any broadband router i.e. one that does ethernet on the WAN side as well as the LAN side. Most DSL routers include the DSL modem and hence that is the WAN connection and are thus unsuitable.

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.