Optex RPU Software

We trying to install this old RPU software on a new computer and the program comes up with a Runtime error. Does anyone have a copy of this old disk they could zip up and send to me. Optex doesn't support these old panels anymore. thanks

Reply to
scania
Loading thread data ...

The software will not run on xp or vista you will have to have a computer with a dual boot for xp /vista and a separate dos partition or keep a old lap top running with the old programs which is what i did. otherwise you get a runtime error. same for old silent knight and scantronic as well

Reply to
nick markowitz

Make sure your display is set for 256 colors, that might be the problem

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Reply to
Michael

Try running it on a flash stick.

I have an OLD and I mean OLD DOS db that I run on a flash stick...been working fine for several years (I know I'm flirting with death but just don't have the time/energy to rewrite the db yet).

Reply to
Crash Gordon

That's a good idea.

DOS 7.1 here:

formatting link
I just have happened to bookmark VPC the other day:
formatting link

Reply to
G. Morgan

Dosbox

formatting link
works with most OS's (including Vista). It's a DOS emulator. I've tried it with the old SENTEX software and it seems to work fine. It takes a bit of "tweaking" because you have to "mount" the software you want to run. My younger son found it while on a search for a way to run some of the old DOS games his dad bought years ago. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

I'll try one of these options. Does anyone have the default login/ passcode for this software?

Reply to
scania

login: Rpu User password: Password

Reply to
Mark Leuck

thanks

Reply to
scania

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.