4 employees fired following robbery not using code

formatting link
crime net daily column is reporting a check cashing company has fired 4 employees who followed robbers instructions not to use the ambush codes on security systems as they were forced to disarm security systems .despite check cashing company policy demanding they use it. sounds like inside info and an employer being morons for not having other back ups in place.

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

So the employer is saying that ...... even though the guy holding the gun said, not to use the ambush code (with, what I would imagine included the spoken or unspoken threat, that if the police showed up, they'd shoot the employee .....) the employer thinks that the employee should risk his life for the company. Is that about it?

I hope they take the time to explain that company policy to the replacements.

Reply to
Jim

So the employer is saying that ...... even though the guy holding the gun said, not to use the ambush code (with, what I would imagine included the spoken or unspoken threat, that if the police showed up, they'd shoot the employee .....) the employer thinks that the employee should risk his life for the company. Is that about it?

I hope they take the time to explain that company policy to the replacements.

************* Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. I know in our businesses my folks always told all of our employees to cooperate 100% with any armed robber as no amount of money or merchandise in the store was worth an employees life. In over 30 years owning a country grocery and convenience store we had one armed robbery and only half a dozen burglaries or attempted burglaries. The worst loss ever was from an inside job. Fortunately the FBI caught him first.
Reply to
Bob La Londe

The FBI investigated theft from a country convenience store? I guess they don't have a lot of bank roberries in the area.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Actually, he took a company vehicle across state lines. Grand theft auto, and 26 grand in cash. The FBI chased him down and caught him, but then if I had felt like I needed to justify that I would have added those details in the first place. Want the perp's name? A copy of the court records where he was sentenced to five years? How about a list of witnesses so you can personally interview them?

The point was, that no amount of money or merchandise in the store was worth an employees life. Geez, Robert. I can see why some of these guys get a wee bit peeved at you.

So, go right ahead and self justify your comments. We are waiting. Not really, but it sounds good.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I didn't doubt your honest, Bob. Your name isn't Olson so I know you're not in auto-lie mode. It just sounded strange that the FBI would bother.

Jininex?

Agreed.

What, because I asked why the FBI took an interest in the case you're upset? You need thicker skin than that just to ride a motorcycle, let alone to post here, Bob.

I don't need to justify and neither did you. I asked because it sounded odd that the FBI would get involved. Take it easy, bro'. You're not under attack.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I might add even at that we were lucky. We got the truck back, but not the cash. It could have been a lot worse. My dad and I both carried a lot more cash than that sometimes during busy farming periods to cash payroll checks in the store. Don't mind saying it now that my dad has sold the store, and gotten out of that business.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.