Open Door Beeper

I put a combination lock on a supply room that I know will remain unsecure much of the time. People who use the supply room will simply forget to lock it as they leave. What I would like is an audible -- non irritating -- alarm, or an intermittent beep (like a lot of microwaves have when you forget to remove your food after one minute or so). Oh yea -- I just about forgot about my hotdog.

The alarm or periodic beep happens only when the door is open, and turns off when the door is closed. The switch can't be that complicated, but works essentially in reverse of what you would think. I couldn't find anything of the nature at Home Depot or Lowes, so I thought I'd see if someone in internet land might know of such a switch, or product that has this functionality.

Thanks for any suggestions!

RBolling

Reply to
robboll
Loading thread data ...

A door strike and keypad will keep it secure. Only those allowed in will get in, and it will always be lock unless some one blocks it open.

Reply to
Rich

Sounder alert An integrated sounder can be programmed to activate if the door is left open too long. The sounder volume is fully adjustable to 85 dB.

formatting link
If you install a door position switch and READ the instructions you could get this DS160 device to do what you're asking.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Thanks -- it looks like it might work.

Reply to
robboll

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Barney

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.