omnicron 9000s

I know this is an old system but we've had this it for a while and it works well enough. Unfortunately, a carpet fitter today went through a cable and that sent the alarm system off - tamper mode, i assume. I've repaired/re-joined the cut wire/cable but the alarm control box still lights up with with various zone faults. i tried resetting the thing but still no joy. is there anything else i need to do or try to get this thing working again? eg, do i have to totally power the thing down again (disconnect battery and mains?)? I suppose it is possible that there is some other, as yet, unnoticed damage but can't see that as the work i had done was only done in one room where only a couple of yards or so of cable were visible. is there some other code that i need to input or is there something else that i've neglected to consider?

thanks, and best wishes

mojo

Reply to
mojo7676
Loading thread data ...

Hi Mojo

Chances are pretty high that when carpet fitter cut cable it shorted the power pair which has blown the "Aux fuse" in the main panel. If you replace this and test again you should be OK. If system hasn't been serviced for a while you may like to replace battery while the panel is open.

Regards

Paul Ekins Linc Secure

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Reply to
Paul Ekins

And it he cut something in one place its very likely he cut something elsewhere and didn't say nuttin' about it.

I had a client that had his carpet replaced almost everywhere in his house with TILE...yep they wacked a bunch of wires and layed the tile right over it...then called us after the tile was set and grouted. DUH.

| > thanks, and best wishes | >

| > mojo | >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Hi

turns out it was a blown fuse which has now been replaced.

thanks, once again, for the info - mojo

Reply to
mojo7676

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.