question about what defines an alarm "zone"

Had a quick question.. I'm looking at a wireless alarm system that currently has space for 1 hard wired zone.. I currently have 4 doors that have alarm wire run to them and would prefer to have them hardwired and all the windows wireless.. My question is can I set up all 4 doors as 1 zone and just splice the wires together and connect them to the hard wire screw on the Alarm system? I know the system would not be able to tell which door was open it would just know that some door in the wired zone was opened.. I don't care about that.. Just wondering if I can set it up that way..

Thanks

Reply to
jasonnews
Loading thread data ...

Yep...and you can call the zone: The Doors...riders on the storm... :-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

The more zones on an alarm system, the better.

For example you can have the front door be an "entry/exit" zone and have a

45 second delay to enter or exit. So 45 seconds before alarm would trip if that door was opened and alarm code was not entered.

Other doors can be wired to a different instant zone. When they are opened, the alarm instantly trips.

And interior motion detectors can cause false alarms as well as doors or anything else. If every device is on its own zone, a code for that zone is sent to the monitoring center. Then you would know which device tripped the alarm. And if false alarm, you would know which device tripped the alarm and which device needs fixing.

If *everything* is on one zone, it can make troubleshooting difficult.

Batteries can be very expensive to replace. So may want to check on that before buying. I hardwired everything on my system - no batteries to replace.

In general, the more zones the better, and the more devices you have on their own zones, the easier troubleshooting will be if there is a problem.

Reply to
Bill

it's better for you to set 4 guarding zones for your 4 doors. because the wireless door alarm has a certain distance for transmit, it's about

3m to 5m. if the distance over 5m, it would have a low effective for testing.
Reply to
gabel_2006

3 to 5 meters? what kind of wannabe system are we talking about?
Reply to
shady

Sounds like one of Paulie's Belgium systems.

| | 3 to 5 meters? what kind of wannabe system are we talking about? | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.