nx-12 keypad query

I'm a newb. I have the nx-12 manual. I've read it all. I have the master code & program code.

I wish to use Feature 6 to dial my mobile in the event of an alarm.

My problem is: When I get to enter/store the data via the keypad the manual states I need to press the [?] key. My keypad obviously has no [?] key anywhere.

What is this [?] key?

Reply to
Nexus
Loading thread data ...

The programming uses star(*) and pound(#) Star for data storage and/or next segment and pound to exit back to ask for the next location.

Apparently whoever pr> I'm a newb. I have the nx-12 manual. I've read it all. I have the

Reply to
mezrac

Thanks mezrac, much appreciated.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Nexus

It was the star key as you suggested.

One last question, do I store my mobile number in Feature 4 (phone number one)?

When entering the phone number, is it necessary to press the star key after each individual number is entered?

Nexus wrote:

Reply to
Nexus

Yes to both.

You would want your phone number in phone number one assuming you don't want to report anywhere else.

If you have only an LED keypad for programming you need this kind of clunky interface. The LCD explains what is happening better but the keypresses are the same. Star is like an enter key but it also auto increments to the next segment in that location.

Also needed to get it to call is an account and a format. If your ph> It was the star key as you suggested.

Reply to
mezrac

Many thanks. The system now rings my mobile.

Out of > Yes to both.

Reply to
Nexus

The pager format is just dtmf tones that the pager system can recognize. I was just thinking that pagers are about dead so it might make sense to add that functionality to cell phones. But it was just a guess.

Nexus wrote:

Reply to
mezrac

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.